• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case with EXTREMELY good airflow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
df0xyd said:
Ya... well, you see, I don't trust water.. 1 leak and BAM your $2000 commputer is gone, ya know?
Also, If I wanna overclock, I need to make sure I have ample enough cooling for my GPU, CPU, and RAM.

A properly done (not even well done) water cooling system won't leak. Also thats why you leak test. Once a system has been leak tested to the point where you're sure its sealed up (usually a day straight for the neurotic, personally I do it for as long as it takes to bleed my loop + 15 minutes :D), there's no real chance of it deciding one day to wet down the whole system. In addition water itself (as in the distilled water we use) isn't conductive. The minerals in tap water are what makes it conductive.

Moto7451 said:
In addition water itself (as in the distilled water we use) isn't conductive. The minerals in tap water are what makes it conductive.
distilled water is conductive, just a lot less so than your regular old tap water. If you poured distilled water onto a running motherboard, I can almost guarantee you that it will short out

Well, I'm just too ... cautious.. I might adapt to water in the future, but for now, no...

ALSO Shirker, if you happen to get on sharka, and see it's in stock, and I haven't said I ordered it yet, would you mind telling me? I'm prolly gonna be looking a WHOLE lot, soo... ya, lol

Last edited:
I posted a thread in the cooling forum about 'larger' fans.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=522156

According to XClio, their 22cm (25cm) is good for 150cm, but that 33.5cm (36cm) monster on the side is good for 200cfm. That means the 36cm is flowing .68cfm/sq in and the 25cm is flowing .39cfm/sq in.

Considering if you want other 'big' fans, my money would go to Yate-Loons 25cm --- but you can only get them in quantities of 500 that I've found so far.

geoffchad said:
I posted a thread in the cooling forum about 'larger' fans.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=522156

According to XClio, their 22cm (25cm) is good for 150cm, but that 33.5cm (36cm) monster on the side is good for 200cfm. That means the 36cm is flowing .68cfm/sq in and the 25cm is flowing .39cfm/sq in.

Considering if you want other 'big' fans, my money would go to Yate-Loons 25cm --- but you can only get them in quantities of 500 that I've found so far.

Nice thread!
Hmmm, I really don't need 500 fans ;)
Bur I like the high CFM :D

I SHOULD be ordering tommorow.. today... thursday afternoon... :D

FINALLY!!! I decided to order, only after a few set backs of the video card frying...

So, ya, I ordered!!!

nwg1.jpg

ALSO, I found this kewl looking product on Amazon that I also ordered!

Evercool PCAC

I'll post some more pics when I get the stuff... :D

CANT WAIT!!! :drool:

Well Well, I finally got it all set up :D

Picture1.jpg

*Working on Getting better pics*

I guess I will kind of make this into a review of some sorts...

Pros:
Pushes a TON of air
Sleek design (Not gawdy)
Blue Leds
Tooless design (w00 no tools)
Rather roomy
Pretty Quiet

Cons:
DOES NOT fit a Tuniq Tower 120 (The fan touches it, therefore, you cant close your case all the way)
Poor quality Tooless instructions
Fans seem to be a bit brittle
Leds do NOT match, front is darker, side is lighter. (Doesn't bother me)
HEAVY!!!! I think it weighs about 30 pounds empty

My opinion, this case was WELL WORTH IT!
I enjoy the looks of the Jet design and Leds. Keeps my case about 10*C cooler. Although it does aggravate me I cant close it all the way, it's not too bad, sticks out about 2cm. (As for the tooless design, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, I didn't, and I put my drives in backwards)

If you want to know anything more, just ask, I will upload more pics when I get the chance. If you want me to take a pic of anything, just ask!

Thund3rball said:
Looking good df. Looking forward to more pics. Are you going to try a different HSF or keep the TT120?

Well, I'm sure I'll end up keeping the TT120. It doesn't really bother me too much, since it opens from the back. BUT, I'm trying to find a way to support the door of it. (Right now, I'm using a zip-tie to hold it to the case.
Pics will be uploaded soon, hopefully...

ALSO, I just over clocked my 6000+ to 3.1GHz, still working on stability, so far so good. :D

PICTURE TIME!!!! WARNING, NOT 56K Friendly

Here, you can see the front with the flash on and off.

frontflash.jpg

frontdark.jpg

Opening the front door.

frontlightopen.jpg

frontdarkopen.jpg

Checkin out the side.

side.jpg

Since the TT120 is a little big, I'm trying to find a way to hold the side on. Temporary solution is.. A zip-tie

ziptie.jpg

Top USB

topUSB.jpg

Xclio Logo

xclio.jpg

That's all for now. I will post the inside pics once I get my Graphics card back from ASUS

Part of me really likes that case, part of me doesnt. I just wish there was a way to get a hold of those fans without buying an XClio case, cause I could certainly use them for a few projects...

geoffchad said:
Part of me really likes that case, part of me doesnt. I just wish there was a way to get a hold of those fans without buying an XClio case, cause I could certainly use them for a few projects...

I was talking to an XClio Rep, and she said that they woud be offering fans on newegg, "soon" Its in my previous post....

"For the question, XClio is planing to retail fans on newegg soon, there will be 12cm, 18cm, 25cm & 36cm fans on single package design. Please keep riching on the Newegg websit, we will have more products on selling in future. Please feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any other questions or suggestions."

"Keep riching" stills cracks me up.. hehe...

I posted a thread link above about those fans and other [large] fans. I did some searching a while back and when I finally got specs back from Yate-Loon and XClio, their large fans have some of the best performance by the numbers. I want to actually test them and find out.

And on the "soon" response from XClio - that could just as easily mean a month as it does 6 months (I got a very similar email from them as well). Its not a fault of XClio being lazy or anything, releasing new products for retail sale in large quantities takes time and effort, and sometimes that gets very hard when the two companies are in different countries and speak different languages.

I have this case also, df0xyd . I just got it last week when I built my new X2 6000. I do have one question - the LED that lights up the Xlico logo and the front is the HD LED, correct? I have mine hooked up and no go on the lighting. Wanted to make sure I didn't miss something absurdly simple.

I have this case also, df0xyd . I just got it last week when I built my new X2 6000. I do have one question - the LED that lights up the Xlico logo and the front is the HD LED, correct? I have mine hooked up and no go on the lighting. Wanted to make sure I didn't miss something absurdly simple.

Yes, the Xclio LOGO LED on the front of the case is the HDD LED
Perhaps you put the cord in backwards on your motherboard?

I almost went with the Wind-Tunnel, but wasn't quite sure about if it would be large enough for what all I wanted to do. Plus I do enjoy having a window (without the fuss of making my own).

My only complaint about my Xilco case is that the tooless brackets are neon green. I see in the pictures on this thread, that his are black. Not sure why mine came in as GREEN / BLUE / Yellow. Very...Annoying.

Back