• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeron 1a + tusl2-c and the vcores available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

what will be the vcore options available in the bios for a celeron 1a and 1.1a?
im going to get one of those and i heard from a few ppl who needed to make the vidpin mod. do u know what r the voltages available without making the mod?
thanks.

hi. the maximum voltage is 1.8 via the system bios. check the regulators specifications, only says 1.8 Volts.

some rumors say they can have theirs as high as 1.825, 1.85 and 1.875 after vid pinning. methinks its not true. its just probably voltage fluctuations.

there is also a rumor of the old bios version 1010 as capable of having above 2 volts via the bios. i think it is not true also. i think asus made a mistake about it as it is physically impossible to make a voltage regulator whose maximum capacity is 1.8 volts to suddenly become above 2 volts with just a BIOS update. you need to physically reconfigure the chip for this to be possible.

i regret buying this motherboard because of its low voltage via bios. had good reviews about it as the best overclocker of the p3 tualatin, but now methinks those review sites are lame.

i readed those threads but im concerned about the other options available. i think someone said there will be only two 1.6 and 1.8V. is that true?
i hope i wont even need more than the stock voltage to overclock it to 133FSB, however im sure 1.8V is too high. these cellies r damn good overclockers. its too bad getting only the two vcores avalaible.

1.8 V too high? nope. I'm on 1.8 volts, couldn't get it to 133. only 125.

there is also an issue on the 133 FSB of this ****ty board. i want to buy a new board. 132 is it's 133 FSB. Weird. Old post of this forum, though, i would question the reliability of the guy who posted. sorry about my doubt but he said he overclocked it to 150 FSB at 1.8 Volts. what a joker.

^o^

take a look here hammered_blue.
thats why im planning to get 133 with the default voltages.
all you have to do is selecting the cpu, you can also order by the vcore..

oTTO said:
take a look here hammered_blue.
thats why im planning to get 133 with the default voltages.
all you have to do is selecting the cpu, you can also order by the vcore..

take a look at what otto? if you're talkin about the 1A at 133 at 1.85 volts that's a joker too. i dare him to show good shots and valid proof that he got it to a real 1.85 Volts. at 1.8 volts available on the TUSL2-C you can only have up to around 125. you'll need around 1.85 to get to around 133.

correct me if i'm wrong but the Celeron is more overclockable than a P3 decoz it has a higher multiplier at a low bus speed...

the maximum voltage for the Tualeron is around 2.1 Volts. Correct?

The maximum voltage for a TuaP3 is 1.825. Correct?

you can't get the voltage much higher than 1.8V on the TUSL2-C even if vid pinned.

a lot of the posts of their overclocks their are phony fakes.

heck even the database selection itself is crazy. imagine a 512 P3 at 1400 MHz!!! crazy! check intel's website, they only make P3 at 1.33GHz.

Back