• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 2.2GHz @ 3GHz on stock air cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CeleronO/C'D

Registered
I have successfully overclocked my celly to 3GHz on a stock intel hsf and a couple of extra LED case fans to look good and push air.

first i had it with a simple cardboard air duct, drawing in cool outside air for the processor but the chipset was overheating, so i grabbed 6 more case fans, 4 in front, 2 in back + side fan, ps fan and top fan = 9 fans plus heatsink fan = 10 fans total. i run a smooth 73 degrees case temp at 70 degrees room temp.

can you tell i want a good insurance policy on it? :)

Nice OC with No Sweat.... Can you tell me some SiSoft Sandra 2002 benchmark results?

CPU Arithmatics:
CPU Multimedia:
Memory Bandwidth:

I want to compare it with P4 1.8A @ 2700 MHz.

i have found the chip to be good for ripping movies and mp3's amd also the video playback is better, because P4's can have sound problems. I have also played hitman 2, UT2K3, and splinter cell, all with great graphics and no glitching or pixelating.

Bring it on Mr. P4!

CeleronO/C'D said:
i have found the chip to be good for ripping movies and mp3's amd also the video playback is better, because P4's can have sound problems. I have also played hitman 2, UT2K3, and splinter cell, all with great graphics and no glitching or pixelating.

Bring it on Mr. P4!

Yeah, thats what I'm saying. Ripping/encoding and MP3's. P4's DO NOT have sany sound probelms. I dont know where you'd get an idea like that. What do you think your Celeron is, hmmm? Not trying to bash you here, as I entertained the thought of a dirt cheap Celeron system at one time. Then I found out that a P4 1.8A will eat a Celeron o/c'ed to 3.4GHz in just about everything (except ripping/encoding)

NICE

NICE OC, How is it in games and such, in all reality can 512k cache make such a huge difference? Celery vs P4

I think thease new Celeries are the best bang for the buck CPU's ever made.

Peace out dawg.

Kam

XP1700 DLT3c would be a better bet IMO. THe only reason why I would get one is because I am kinda interested in making an Intel rig. Never had one b4...

Tru,

but hey lets not compare apples to bannanas :D

Stil It still prolly rocks for Folding, DivXing, Mp'3ing archiving, etc.

I might build one for my pops with a shuttle PC, cause the nForce2 Shuttles are way more expensive. So I guess its ok for the budget user right?

Peace out,

Kam

Yes, I should be careful, we are in the intel forum here :p . I like the Shuttle NF2 but they are a bit expensive, although feature packet! And if someone doesnt do 3D Gaming and such and just cruises the net etc, the little celly would be awesome. It puts off about the same heat as the P4 right? I dont see why it wouldnt because the cache prob doesnt make much of a difference. Or does it?

in heat or proformance? not much heat diff is my guess but its a pretty proformance gap to us, but not really to the avg joe coputer user~Alex

Sorry guys. Cache in P4's make a HUGE difference. The long pipeline of the P4/Celeron's are very touchy when it comes to branch mispredictions. If the CPU makes a wrong decision as to what it thinks the next instruction will be, the first place it looks is the L2 cache. If the next instruction isnt there, then it has to go to main memory for the info, and from there, the hard drive if the info isnt present. All that wasted time would have been eliminated if the info was in L2 cache. 128K just doesnt cut it. quadruple that, and you're in business. P4 Celerons are good for a few things only. Ripping/encoding, Divx boxes, and SETI, as its SSE2 enabled. If you want a gaming box, you're much better of buying a 1700+, and a better vid card with the cash you saved.

How aboot temps and Vcore?

What about the temps and Vcore on that Celery at that speed? And what cooler did you get with it? I just bought my 3.0C and it came with a copper/aluminum thing that weighs more then my Innovatek v3.0 water block :eek:

:D Kam :D

THANX

I tried taking the 1.1a patch but my doctor said nothing would help me, not even electroshock therapy. He did say though when the E8 BIOS comes out, It should be a little easier to live with my addiction.

Kam

Back