• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celery 533 bus speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anaxagoras1986

Has anyone messed around with a celery 533? My brother has one and this thing is slow! I was wondering if this chip could handle having the BUS speed bumped to 83, 100, or 133? Right now it is 66 so it is not very impressive by any means! I believe the multiplier is at 8 and thats what his crappy board maxes out at. Does anyone have some tips? Thanks for any help!

Do you know whether it is Celeron 1 - PPGA or Celeron 2 - FCPGA? Basically, the Celeron 1 could overclock to 600-650mhz range and the Celeron 2 could overclock to like 800-900mhz. The multipliers are locked on Intel chips so you have to overclock via FSB. So basically up the FSB to 83 or 100 whichever is stable etc. Can you be more detailed about system specs? Mobo, RAM, CPU, PSU, and Cooling to be specific. ]

Yodums

Sorry I am not sure what the specifics are on it for the most part. The motherboard is really crappy. It has integrated video and all of that. It's chipset is SIS630 and allows FSB modifications and such. The RAM can handle up to PC133. The guy my brother got the system from had the heatsink glued on or something because it wont come off. It runs really cool though. The CPU temps arent much over room temp so that should help. Sorry I dont know too much about it, but do you think it would take a 83mhz FSB? That should have it clocked at about 664.

whats the defualt voltage? as that should be easy enough to check....

2.0V is the older Mendocino core (PPGA)
and 1.5 or 1.7 is the newwer coppermine core (FCPGA)

Yes, Jay is correct. That's the easiest way to see what core that Celly is would be by checking voltage (although I don't think the Coppermine 533 ever had 1.7v default, I think they were all 1.5v cB0 steppings). If it's the older Mendocino, you'll be lucky to overclock to 75 FSB (600 MHz). But, if it's the newer Coppermine, then 100 FSB (800 MHz) will be easy.

batboy said:
(although I don't think the Coppermine 533 ever had 1.7v default, I think they were all 1.5v cB0 steppings).

sorry, only 1.5V for a coppermine 533, cCo's (1.7V) didnt start untill 566Mhz

ok let me check it out......
it is registering 2.00V for the vcore.
600 is the limit? Damn! Thats not very....impressive.
Thanks alot for the help :)
Anything else do you think I could do tyo maybe squeeze a little bit of power out of it? I dont think it is the best platform to overclock on!!! LOL!

Back