• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clearflex 60 Vs Masterkleer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12 Volts

Registered
Hey, I just had a quick question for those of you who have used Masterkleer tubing.

When I look over at McMaster I see that Clearflex 1/2 ID 3/4 OD 1/8 Wall has a bend radius of 3 inches and is 68 cent a foot. Masterkleer with the same dimensions has a bend radius of 1 3/4 and is 59 cent a foot. Tygon has a bend radius of 1 1/2 so that means Masterkleer is the winner, right?

Just wanted to make double sure. Never know.

Thanks.

SewerBeing said:
I would look at 7/16" ID with 3/32" wall Masterkleer tubing which can be had on www.mcmaster.com (page 82). If you don't like that choice I would pick the Masterkleer out of those but I highly recommend you look at the 7/16" tubing

I'm not the brightest with numbers, but that will fit on a Storm block, right? I've only used 1/2 ID up till now. And man, that's cheap with a great bend radius. Thanks.

edit

K, nevermind, I just looked at where I bought it and it says that 7/16 will work. :)

If someone can beat that price for stuff this good I'd be very impressed! Everyone should know about mcmaster. Wow.

Last edited:
SewerBeing said:
7/16 will fit over 1/2 barbs with a little work :). Yeah mcmaster is a great place to order from :)

Hope not much more work than soaking in hot water for a bit, but it'd be worth it at that price.

Unfortunately, I've found out all this good news a little late. I thought I was ahead of the game when I got 7ft of Clearflex for 68 cent a foot. It hasn't arrived yet. Oh well, at least I know what to get in the future. I seem to go through tubing like scat through a goose.

12 Volts said:
Hope not much more work than soaking in hot water for a bit, but it'd be worth it at that price.

Unfortunately, I've found out all this good news a little late. I thought I was ahead of the game when I got 7ft of Clearflex for 68 cent a foot. It hasn't arrived yet. Oh well, at least I know what to get in the future. I seem to go through tubing like scat through a goose.

soaking it in hot water should do it. Well I hope you enjoy your inferior Clearflex :)

Ahhh..... Don't remind me! Lol.

Thanks again, Sewer. No worries though, I be through with this Clearflex and on to the superior Masterkleer family in no time.

Heheheh.

Yeah, a much better bend radius. The 7/16" is softer too, so it puts a lot less stress or your blocks.

hrm... that 1/2 ID x 13/16" OD stuff is lookin kinda tasty... 1 1/2" bend radius... same as that of tygon r-3603

I've managed to stretch that 7/16 over 3/4 inch fittings, it's really flexible after you soak it in boiling water for a few minutes.

wannaoc said:
...But why order 7/16" over 1/2"?
Because you don't really loose anything performance wise by decreasing the inner diameter 1/16" and you get at least two benefits a) the 7/16" tubing fits tighter on the barbs so you've got much less chance of a leak, and b) the smaller tubing is slightly easier to route within the case.

SewerBeing said:
Usually you just soak it in hot water and then use it like regular 1/2" tubing (try not to burn your fingers). It may take a few attempts to get it on there but it will go on there.

I actually found that for my loop I could get the 7/16" over all of my 1/2" barbs without any kind of lubricant or soaking the tubing; it fit like a glove. :) The only part I actually had to soak the 7/16" was to fit it over the 5/8" barbs on my MCP350, especially since it was PVC to PVC (I put 3/8" ID 5/8" OD tubing over the 3/8" barbs on the 350).

My 7/16 masterkleer arrived in 3 days from mcmaster and fits all barbs without any prblems. Nylon barbs can be tough 'cause they form a seal but nothing a very little amount of force cant fix. The bend radius is the best I've ever seen.

Back