• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clearing CMOS hoses SETI,WT#

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What exactly do you mean? Are you saying it shoots your performance to hell? You need to reset all of your ram timings and so forth or you'll be running at defaults after clearing cmos.

TC said:
What exactly do you mean? Are you saying it shoots your performance to hell? You need to reset all of your ram timings and so forth or you'll be running at defaults after clearing cmos.

Opps.

When I reset the CMOS seti driver stops working. And i have to start all over again, lost 3 WU today, would not even transmit.

Now that is odd. I don't see how the cmos could have that kind of effect on a program. I've never seen that on any of my machines. I have seen Seti driver do one weird thing. Once in a while I'll be tinkering with a new system, and inevitably overclock it too much. It will lock up while running Seti, but when I reduce the speed and reboot I can't get Seti driver to run properly. I can open it and it will sit there acting like it's doing something, and the cpu load will be 100% but it never shows any progress - just stays at 0% completed. I have to copy a fresh set of files from another machine to get it running again. Wonder if this is related?

reboot I can't get Seti driver to run properly. I can open it and it will sit there acting like it's doing something, and the cpu load will be 100% but it never shows any progress - just stays at 0% completed.

That's it, you got it. Sucks.

Hmm interesting. It's never happened from resetting my cmos - and I have done that a few times. It's always happened when the machine locked up while Seti driver was running. Maybe Ober could give us some clues.

I do not see the interaction between the 2 other then what TC said. I had to clear my CMOS when I upgrade BIOS i just set everything back to there tweaked state and away crunching I go.

Maestro

TC said:
Hmm interesting. It's never happened from resetting my cmos - and I have done that a few times. It's always happened when the machine locked up while Seti driver was running. Maybe Ober could give us some clues.

Mike has always been good about responding to email...

If you can give him a shout he might be able to do a bug fix in the next version...

Let me know what you hear, if you decide to write him.. OK?

Back