• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM HAF X Transformation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

CM HAF X Mod Thread

Going to take you along with me as I paint, sleeve, and mod my CM HAF X. I have an undetermined timeframe and will be adding stuff as I think of new ideas.

Since it already came with one red led fan, and I bought another due to one of mine being DOA. I'm going to be going with a red/black theme.

My cables are sleeves in red and black paracord.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures at the moment. Don't have Internet at my house and using my phone to take pics.

Also feel free to contribute and share your HAF X mods with us.

Last edited:
Still trying to decide on the colors. Wondering if black and red case will match my militaryish looking motherboard and desert camo sleeving.

Just thinking red/black is used a lot. Would just be less painting with red and black since my whole case is black.

I need Internet so I can get photoshop again and do some work on colors.

Get rid of those CM stock fans...

You're not going to want to keep those CM fans...I too have a Haf X, and went with the Bitfenix Spectre pro LED fans all around...couldn't be any happier. Bad to do a little modification to the top where the rear 200mm fan sit with my new fans but it worked out.

You can do something like this...just for reference

image.jpg

Looks nice, a lot cleaner than my cable management. With 2 7850s and the bit fenix recon I got cables running everywhere.

Just take your time...do some c/m and it'll be a proud and fun moment for you. It helps with airflow believe it or not...

Only thing I have left...is to install my gfx cards which are on the way, swap out some blue braided sata cables from frozencpu.com...and install some bay devices...

Happy building

Appreciate it, right now I'm still rackin my brains over colors. Can't quiet decide, that and how I'm gonna get my sata connectors apart to sleeve. Sleeving with paracord.

Yea why I was trying to find some black/red camo sleeving. Just keeps reminding me of the AMD edition case.

Pretty much made up my mind to go grab some beige/tan paint and start painting tomorrow.

Just trying to get some ideas and toss around some thoughts on this thread. Then start a build log.

Back