• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coffeelake and Donutlake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anybody hear of SuperBiiz? The have lowered the price on the CPU I'm watching. The website seems very cheesy, but they have good reviews, a few claiming slow orders, but others comparing them favorably to newegg.

Opt33, the 8 core Coffeelake won't be released until probably second quarter next year. Lots of cores on those i9 processors though if that's what you want. ;)

They used to be "eWiz" in ancient times. I vaguely recall ordering things from them both before and after the name change, but last time I went there was years ago. They were reputable then, don't know about now.

Used superbiz recently... went fine.

Is there a 8c CFL CPU? I thought the 8700k/6c was it? And every thing moves up. I3 is 4c, i5 is 4c/8t, and i7 is 8c/16t?

Putting out an octo on mainstream doesnt make sense to me as that would really cut into hedt.

With the 18 core HEDT there is plenty of room for the 8 core main stream.

SuperBiiz ran out of stock for a while on the 7920X, but now have them back in stock. I'll probably get a 7900X or 7920X because they are the "cheaper" end of the i9 lineup, they are 140w and the next step are 165w. I really want the full 44 lanes, because otherwise, my third PCIe slot is disabled when I'm running crossfire. I want my third slot open, because I might put in an adapter and another M.2. I'm leaning toward the 7920X again, for about $100 more than the 7900X, you can get two more cores and more L3 cashe

With the Coffee Lake release, I had predicted a price drop. Newegg just now finally dropped their price like $40 (not much, but it's a start). A few vendors have them for $69 to $100 off. But, if Coffee Lake is vaporware, they won't drop prices much more.

Speaking of Coffee Lake, Guru of 3D has an interesting article about the new release. "Word out is that Coffee Lake processors will see limited availability at launch and the remainder of 2017."

View attachment Coffee Lake chart.bmp

The TDP on the new Coffee Lake don't look too bad.

Last edited:
Used superbiz recently... went fine.

Is there a 8c CFL CPU? I thought the 8700k/6c was it? And every thing moves up. I3 is 4c, i5 is 4c/8t, and i7 is 8c/16t?

Putting out an octo on mainstream doesnt make sense to me as that would really cut into hedt.

Barely anything what Intel makes recently has any sense. They are killing their own products whole year. It really looks like they are competition for themselves more than AMD.

Last edited:
With the 18 core HEDT there is plenty of room for the 8 core main stream.
dont really care about the top end... you are now cutting in over three skus from hedt. I can see it in icelale or whatever is after CFL, but i dont see cfl having an octo....

I linked that guru3d arricle a couple days ago in this thread.....
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...nd-Donutlake?p=8034311&viewfull=1#post8034311

So.... two people speak of it as if its tbe sun rising in the mornjng, yet, no links? A rumor... something? Batboy...op????

Presumably we have to wait for the embargo to drop with the reviewer results before they can be offered for sale. I don't know what they usually do in past launches, but maybe look around 9am in some US time zone.

Lower base clocks dominate there, which is all Intel (or AMD) guarantee for normal operation. Turbo may be limited for power budget.

They're out! Kinda... looking at two retailers show same story. Both have i5 and i7 non-K, both i3 but the K is much more expensive than the one that isn't.

Edit: another place has the 8600k... but it costs a lot more than expected... still looking.

Last edited:
OCUK have them in... but only their "pre-binned" ones are in stock. They're milking this for all they can. 8700k at 5.0 they want £500, and £800 for 5.2. No wonder many refer to them as FCUK...

I'm tempted so far at getting a 8350k as a pure OC plaything. Wont win at many threads, but I just want to clock it until I can hear it screaming :D

Edit: 8350k ordered along with the cheapest asrock Z370 mobo. Guess what I'll (hopefully) be doing this weekend? Assuming no more delivery delays...

Last edited:
Coffee Lake i5's have HT now

I haven't been following the development of Coffee Lake but saw this morning that Intel has departed from it's i5 convention of cores only to give the Coffee Lake i5 series HT now. Should be a screamer. Basically it will perform like Sky Lake I7's did I'm guessing. On backorder at NewEgg, however and the "k" versions are about $20-$30 pricer than Skylake at this point in time .

There should be some good deals on Skylake and Ryzen now.

Last edited:
I haven't been following the development of Coffee Lake but saw this morning that Intel has departed from it's i5 convention of cores only to give the Coffee Lake i5 series HT now. Should be a screamer. Basically it will perform like Sky Lake I7's did I'm guessing. On backorder at NewEgg, however and about $20-$30 pricer than Skylake at this point in time.

Don’t think so, maybe I am wrong but I thought they were just 6 core processors no HT. otherwise if they were just 4 core with HT it would make all of they’re older processors useless over night.

I've had dispatch notification for the 8350k and mobo. The delivery company's depot is literally across the road from where I work so I should have no problem getting it on time. Also received a Noctua D15 today so that's cooling sorted... I'll probably steal the rest of the parts from my R5 1600 system which I might as well sell on as it is largely redundant now.

dont really care about the top end... you are now cutting in over three skus from hedt. I can see it in icelale or whatever is after CFL, but i dont see cfl having an octo....

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...nd-Donutlake?p=8034311&viewfull=1#post8034311

So.... two people speak of it as if its tbe sun rising in the mornjng, yet, no links? A rumor... something? Batboy...op????

No coffee lake wont have 8 cores the Intel Z390 Chipset Allegedly Launching In H2 2018 Supporting 8-Core, 16-Thread Enthusiast CPUs

Read more at https://hothardware.com/news/intel-...16-thread-enthusiast-cpus#zXV3m54PQ3VvpMjd.99

There are multiple sites that picked up the "leak" 2 weeks ago from the eurocon rep about intels "rumored" 8 core cpu to occur in late 2018, like the one Wingman linked. Some presumed the platform to be on ice lake, and then there is Benchlife that posted additional info and suggested it may be on coffee lake. But I dont care what platform, if an 8 core mainstream is indeed released as rumored in late 2018, ill get it and be done with hedt for the forseeable future.

if intel is adjusting plans based on competition then changes might make their release strategy illogical...like introducing a 6 core hedt, then a mainstream version. At some point intel will go 8 core mainstream, late 2018 would work for me :D

edit: found the benchlife link again, hadnt seen it in couple weeks, but bottom outlined in red under defect fixed....granted just a rumor, but since I have nothing else that is a viable improvement across board for my use, im waiting anyways...platform doesnt concern me...just passing on what I read and what rumor is based on.
https://translate.google.com/transl...e-brewing-8-core-products/&edit-text=&act=url

Last edited by a moderator:
Back