• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Collusion, coincidence or somewhere in between?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually it can be see that way.
What can be seen in what way?

But if all was known it could hurt the market share of CPU, CHIPSET, main board manufacturers and a tad for MS.
"If all was known....."... what are you trying to say here? Not following.

Collusion (secret not evil just not sharing openly) and market driven
If we're to have this discussion, we should probably all use the same definition of collusion. It feels like you're trying to apply a different definition than we are. I don't find it to be collusion if it's just a 'secret'. Because the whole definition goes on to say "conspiracy...especially in order to cheat or deceive". Without deceit and cheating (what I'd call the evil part), it's just cooperation or something done in secret. Something being done in secret (though we all love transparency) doesn't mean they are cheating or deceiving anyone.

What can be seen in what way?

"If all was known....."... what are you trying to say here? Not following.

If we're to have this discussion, we should probably all use the same definition of collusion. It feels like you're trying to apply a different definition than we are. I don't find it to be collusion if it's just a 'secret'. Because the whole definition goes on to say "conspiracy...especially in order to cheat or deceive". Without deceit and cheating (what I'd call the evil part), it's just cooperation or something done in secret. Something being done in secret (though we all love transparency) doesn't mean they are cheating or deceiving anyone.
Okay, shall we say moving the market in a way that is in their best interest.

There was collusion, there must be and not illegal, just hidden. Nothing necessarily wrong with it but I just think MS should have given the option.

And no, I was not affected by their decision.

There was collusion, there must be and not illegal, just hidden. Nothing necessarily wrong with it
I must be tired, because, I thought that's what we're talking about here. Collusion is bad. Now, there's nothing necessarily wrong with it?

I must be tired, because, I thought that's what we're talking about here. Collusion is bad. Now, there's nothing necessarily wrong with it?
Wrong? Depends on your point of view. Anywho, I think this thought exercise has been fun for me. I knew the answers but just wanted second opinions.

I think that secret as in protecting intellectual property is not the same as secret as in nobody knows two companies are working together. It definitely is not the latter as the logo is spashed all over the games.

Back