• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compuer Reboots Sporadically

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naif

Hi. I am having a problem with my computer rebooting sporadically. Sometimes it reboots two to three times in an hour. And sometimes it doesn't reboot at all for even 24 hours or more. It cannot be operating system related because it happens in BIOS too. I have narrowed down the problem to the following:

Motherboard: MSI B75A-G43
CPU: i5 3570k
PSU: Corsair VS650
RAM: 2 x Corsair DDR3 4 GB 1333MHz sticks
SSD: Sandisk 120 GB

The PSU, Motherboard, Processor and SSD are recent purchases.

After doing a bit of research, I checked my voltages and I am attaching it here. Can someone please take a look and tell me if the readings are normal?

hwmonitor.png

Not much to see in your pic. Seems like there may be something else going on. What does your Start Up and Services menu look like? Any bloatware/malware? Also, do you have the MB boot priority set up for many devices after C:, D:, USB:, etc. that may offer boot/reboot opportunities? Just a few thoughts.....

Voltages are low on the rails, but, its software. If your 12V was really that low, it wouldn't boot, period. VCore does seem fine.

Your temperatures are high... what is that processor doing when you took the snapshot? I see 70-90% load which is why they are warm.. but... what is going on with your PC it is using so much CPU currently?

What does the event viewer/error log show?

Its mining using the CPU and GPU. But this happens even when its not mining and is idle. This also happens when in the BIOS. Event viewer does not register the event. It only shows a message saying that the computer shutdown uncleanly. Windows just doesn't get the chance to register the event. It restarts like as if the reset button was pressed.

- - - Updated - - -

No bloatware or malware. And this also happens when not in Windows. Sometimes even in the BIOS and sometimes it restarts twice also (restarts, the MSI logo appears, and it restarts again). So this cannot be OS related.

Did you try taking apart the rig and run it on a piece of cardboard (or mobo box), could be current jumping between pieces of hardware. Had this with a case in '08 where the case was the problem (case was the conductor, but I discovered a broken wire after taking it apart)

Back