• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer acting really weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Airbornederekc

alright i have no idea whats wrong but heres whats happening

when i run cpuz the computer will freeze.
random reboots (not loose screws i tightened em all)
freeze on windows boot only if i log in soon as it pops up. (wait a minute after logon screen pops up and it works)

now could windows be the culprit here or is my cpu messed up.

could i be underpowered. i have an aspire 550w psu.

With that power supply I find it very unlikely that you would be underpowered. First you should run AdAware and Spy Bots to make sure that you dont have some kind of adware causing problems. If that doesnt help you can reformat if youre willing. Lastly I would try stripping your system down to the bare minimum parts, motherboard, one stick of ram, processor, keyboard, video card, and monitor and add parts one by one to try to see what is causing the problem. Memtest woud be another way to see if your RAM is causing the problem because the random reboots has the sound of a memory problem to me. Report back with what you find out. Good Luck! :D

well im about to take the computer apart and re build it from scratch. gonna mod my otes cooling system. i'll look at things while its apart. thanks

Airbornederekc said:
well im about to take the computer apart and re build it from scratch. gonna mod my otes cooling system. i'll look at things while its apart. thanks

You should at least run adaware and spybot, before taking it apart.
Why not save yourself unnecessary work?

Back