• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer crashing during games - kernel-power error event ID 41

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fiira

Hi,

I'll start my giving you my PC specs:

Asus M5A78L motherboard, AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz, OCZ ZT 650W PSU, GTX 560 Ti, Cooler master Centurion 5 II case, Thermaltake Frio CPU cooler, 4GB corsair xms3 DDR3 1600MHz, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD.

I built my PC a couple of years ago and over that time have replaced most of the parts (haven't replaced GPU, RAM or HDD) so most components are less than a year old.

I have been having problems for a while, I replaced my motherboard about a year ago and everything was fine until about 3-4 months ago when my computer would start crashing about 20 minutes into games and I would have to turn the power off by the switch to make it turn off. On starting the computer up again I got the message 'Power surges detected during the previous power on. ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect the system from unstable power supply' , after some research I decided it was best to replace the PSU.

After finally being able to replace the PSU about a week ago the same thing happened so i assumed it was a problem with the anti-surge function on the motherboard, so I disabled this feature. However, it then began to do the same thing just without showing the anti-surge message on start up.

When the computer crashes it logs a kernel-power event ID 41 error. The Stop error BugcheckCode and the power button time stamp both list as zero which if I'm correct suggests a hardware issue.

I have used furmark, prime 95 and memtest to check my GPU, CPU and RAM and everything is fine there. I have constantly monitored my temps anyway and my PC never overheats. My voltages are normal. I have tried to find a solution to this problem on forums, a lot of people seem to have it but i am yet to find an answer.

The only thing I can think that it could be is an issue with my motherboard, but I don't want to spend the time and money replacing it if it isn't going to solve the issue.

Sorry about the amount of text, if anyone can offer any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I'v got the same problem same event ID. iv changed the PSU from 800w to true power 650w and it did not help. Pls look at my thread :attn: :attn: :attn:

IIRC, Windows detected that you didn't shut down from the start menu.

If you had to force a hard reboot, Windows will log that message.

How can You work out then why does the crashing happen /?
no one replyed to my thread yet. Iv tryd everything i could think of i even returned my GPU and recived a new one still the same thing. tryd all different settings in BIOS upping the voltages still the crash happens :( help !!!

friend had the same issue with his Sabertooth z77 board. Was driving us Up the F%&^*( wall. Turned out to be a bad sensor on the board. Try turning off the Anti Surge stuff in the Bio's, may need to RMA the board with asus.

Back