• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer remote ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkVirusVx

I'm not sure if there even are any but if so can some one point me to where to get them?

Something like a usb wireless :rolleyes: remote that has limited keyboard function and has a track ball or a little nobby thing.

You might want to look at the ati remote wonder. It's a pretty decent remote that can be used as a mouse.

I've got a remote that came with my TV card - it has a USB infrared detector and I can type a limited number of letters and numbers with it

eg

v0inc123456789tmpkel

Girder is what you need for any remote, I have an x10 remote that I got for about $5 with some cables and other stuff that is the same as the ATI remote wonder, but can also control x10 hardware. It has a usb rf receiver, and with girder, you can make it do whatever you want.

girder is the greatest PC remote program out there, I was quite sad when it went commercial, but that might be for the better.

If you have some soldering skill check out LIRC, and the windows varient WinLirc, you can make the circuit for about $15 and can use just about any remote in your house. (I find that OEM remotes work the best, the non-universal kind)

Good Luck

Back