• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair front panel usb ports

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
are all corsair front panel usb ports garbage?
I have three corsair cases and all the front panel usb ports are dead.
I can plug in a spare panel from another case into the motherboard header and it works fine, I love the other aspects of the cases but this just makes buying another corsair product a no, no for me.
anybody else having this issue?

Not with corsair (900d and carbide 150).. i just recently had the issue with my thermal take core p3. RMA was painless. Email was answered with 24 hours, said they would send another and not to wprry about the bad part.

my little air 240 rig tends to be my daily driver and the air 540 sees a lot of service also, they fit just right in their places and look darn good to boot, makes me not want to re-case them in a bad way.

the Thermaltake stuff is great but, I've had problems buying accessories for them, 2 months to get a second gpu riser cable and 3 months to get a tempered glass kit for the P5.
the riser cable I can understand, I ordered it right when they were replacing every bodies and I had to go to 3m cables to get sli to work in that case but, I learned why you don't nest video cables one on top of the other!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The USB 3.0 ports on my 900D are extremely finicky, but it's not the ports that are the problem. It's the connector cable that doesn't lock in to the USB 3.0 header at all. It fits far too loosely and just knocking the case around a bit plugging in cables will cause it to fall out of the motherboard.

The USB 3.0 ports on my 900D are extremely finicky, but it's not the ports that are the problem. It's the connector cable that doesn't lock in to the USB 3.0 header at all. It fits far too loosely and just knocking the case around a bit plugging in cables will cause it to fall out of the motherboard.

I'm not real impressed with USB 3.0, period. My USB wifi adapter drops off regularly, pulling flash drives out can corrupt them, leading to a format to fix it (annoying as hell when transferring data or drivers from one rig to another). This has been true for me with two Gigabyte boards (990FX and Z170) and a 990FX Asus.

I'm not real impressed with USB 3.0, period. My USB wifi adapter drops off regularly, pulling flash drives out can corrupt them, leading to a format to fix it (annoying as hell when transferring data or drivers from one rig to another). This has been true for me with two Gigabyte boards (990FX and Z170) and a 990FX Asus.

The first point isn't specific to 3.0. USB by default likes to power-save and turn things off. The second is PEBKAC :) There's a reason Windows tells you to click the "safely remove" button. That is ever more important for larger drives that aren't using dumb filesystems like FAT32.

The first point isn't specific to 3.0. USB

It is to mine. I can pull it out of the USB 3.0 slot and move it to a 2.0 slot on the same mobo and it doesn't happen. I don't know if it's the TP-Link adapter, XP, or he mobo on one rig, but I've had minor annoying issues with just about every USB 3.0 slot I've had.

Back