• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H50 Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coco16

hello i just got this cooler from best buy and i install it with push-pull configuration with my i7 920 oc 3.8GHZ 1.27v and im so happy how the temps came down from my actual zalman 9700 led at idle with the 9700 i was 46-47c and load wt prime I was hitting 90c+ with this H50 at idle 35-36c and load 59-60c im really impressed how this thing work pretty good job by Corsair.

thanks

a4bq8g.png.jpg

If the chip was really hitting 90C under load with the old cooler I would be suspicious that it wasnt installed correctly ;) But good to see that you have a new cooler in there with good temps at least.

well i was thinking the same thing when i saw those temps but it was installed correctly the only think i can think is that i put too much thermal compound on it

The Mega Shadow was 5C+ lower then the H50 on the clarkdale. For 80 bucks there are MUCH better options

The Zalman is not meant for the I7
The coolers below are meant to cool the i7
High end cooler
Venomous X
Megahalem
Noctua NH-D14

Budget coolers
Mugen 2
Dark Knight

q2-09_cpu_cooler_results_vertical_stock.png

Those are not the only coolers for a i7, but all the ones listed are pretty top notch. Even though the graph is from 2nd quarter 2009, almost a year old now.

Juggs.............

Could you link to the whole article than posting just a pic from wherever the graph came from? Some sites have pretty dodgy testing methods. And many reviews don't include the full range of coolers because the site doing the testing can't get them all due to time, lack of contacts, poor manufacturer relationships with the website. Some sites even have forums sponsored by sites and manufactures, meaning they get money to pay the bills from some of these folks. Some sites are considered a laugh even.

So lets see the link.

Those are not the only coolers for a i7, but all the ones listed are pretty top notch. Even though the graph is from 2nd quarter 2009, almost a year old now.

Juggs.............

Could you link to the whole article than posting just a pic from wherever the graph came from? Some sites have pretty dodgy testing methods. And many reviews don't include the full range of coolers because the site doing the testing can't get them all due to time, lack of contacts, poor manufacturer relationships with the website. Some sites even have forums sponsored by sites and manufactures, meaning they get money to pay the bills from some of these folks. Some sites are considered a laugh even.

So lets see the link.
The coolers also come with different mounts not just for the i7
here is the article
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.p...k=view&id=292&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=13

I remember reading that article from beginning to end. Good article and no doubt shows the users, depending on their needs what is best. And gives a LOT of insight to help the 'new guy'. Thanks for posting it.

Running the H50 as well on my i7 920 @3.8ghz

100% load w/ HT runs around 70*c
Going to be trying out some new TIM tomorrow.

100% load is folding 24/7 using 100% of all cores all the time.
Temps arent any higher using Prime or anything else.

Room temp is ~ 74*F Im using RealTemp, voltages in sig.

I have been experimenting with this cooler for some time now. It's made by Asetek for Corsair. At first i was not pleased but after a few mods, i am more than satisfied.

1)You want 2 fans for a push/pull. Will drop your temps another 4-6c.

2)If you draw air in over the radiator and into the case the cpu will stay cooler but you'll have to adjust your airflow out of the case. I exhaust the ambient air out of my case then over the rad. which does just fine, but you need low ambient temps to run it like that- otherwise your just throwing that nasty ambient back in your cpu's face.

3)If you have the spring mount for the cooler, sometimes you don't get enough acupressure. I shortened the length of the studs to get more cpu-to-heatsink pressure. This was a HUGE help.

4)I took the hole-punch screen off my case where i had the rad. exhausting. This was another huge gain as it was holding back about 30% of the airflow through the rad.

I tried everything to make this cooler perform like a real LC setup, and i am happy with where i got.
I am running a ph2x4 955(c3) @4.1 / 1.504vcore with this thing now. 33-34c idle // 54-56c load(prime) // 48-50c in Crysis, L4D2 etc.

Enjoy!

Back