• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H50 making noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pacothedagon

Registered
So I built my computer about six months ago and for my i7 I chose the corsair H50 to cool it and its been working fine but for the past couple of days when I turn on my computer its making a noise that sounds like water rushing and after about five minutes the sound goes away, is this something I should be worried about or is it fine?

It kinda sounds like there is air in H50 some how.. If its under warranty, Send it in and get them to fix/replace it. :-\

It would be better to take the time to do so, Instead of it leaking and destroying your rig!

When the pump makes that noise again, try tilting the case the opposite direction of the radiator placement to differentiate if its air bubbles or possibly the pump is just dying out.

My H50 made some pump noise when "stressed" by OC but otherwise was silent. I read that there were some air issues and some pump failures in early models of the H50. If it's under warranty, as stated above send it back for repair/replacement.

How do you have it mounted? Did you move your computer around recently or anything?

Back