• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Counter Strike

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

almondboy72

Disabled
is it me or 1.6 is wayy differnt and harder and so hard to get used to any tips? lan party coming up soon so.. yeah

I didn't think it was all that much different. The moved around the #'s of the weapons which takes some time to get used to and a few other annoying aspects but it's still CS. I was on a 6 month hiatus from the game and just redownloaded it just in time for winter break.

maybe you're playing against the wrong people, lol

well, they made the headshot box noticeably bigger, even if they dont say so.....some shots I make that should hit do....

Recently, they made the G3 and the SG550 (the automatic full-zoom sniper rifles) MUCH more accuracte, and thus they are incredibly dangerous....especially the G3.

Also, in a recent update, they "Fixed the Load Failed error".....appearantly, when they say fixed, they mean they fixed it so it happens much more than it ever did.

But, realisticly, it's the same game it's always been, if a bit more annoying due to certain factors (i.e. steam).

Seems to be the same as 1.5 except a bit worse.
I'll stick to 1.5 at lans thanks...

cs 1.6 is trash. Waay to easy to get head shots, infact cs is a horrible now =P Still 1.5 is easily the "bets" version of CS. Though i think its time for a new game =P

nah CS still ownz i wanna stick with 1.5 cuz of the lans and i wanna get better next lan 300$ cash prize and im one of the best guys at my school for the lan event until i met some guys taht i never heard of that use AWP :/ AWP=suckage

DayUSeX said:
cs 1.6 is trash. Waay to easy to get head shots, infact cs is a horrible now =P Still 1.5 is easily the "bets" version of CS. Though i think its time for a new game =P

1.5 isn't the best in my opinion. I liked 1.1 and 1.0 the best.

i thought steam got hacked or whatever...i dunno i too know almost no one that plays 1.6

I hate it. I just got steam for the fist time a half a month ago. First it was fun, then a bit annoying. Now every time I try to play its headshot here, headshot there, headshot everywhere.
I REALLY hate the snipers and their improved equipment. The game is now a lot harder to get into.
Also for some reason every single time I try to connect using steam I have to retype my cd-key like ten times before it works. It's not a fake or nothing like that, I did buy my HL used but the seller said the key hadn't been used on the net.
I just think that CS as it is now, is no fun at all.

I dont think its too bad, yes headshots are a bit easier, and some new weapons and existing have become much more powerful, which I actually like. I generally only play at LANs because of cheaters and all that. And we have a lot of fun. I agree with DaveSauce, your playing against the wrong people :) I think 1.6 is fun and plays just as well as 1.5 did. I know others who have had problems but nothing I couldnt fix. sooooooo I dunno. And it was Valve that was hacked not Steam, and HL2 source was stolen, but that happened a month or two ago.

I dont have a problem with CS because I play on good servers. AWP and Shield are banned, so that helps gameplay out a lot (dont even start about awp). If they dont change the autosnipers, i'm going to talk with the owner see if he can do something about it.

I still have a problem with valve and steam. Valve just keeps screwing up CS, meanwhile steam never works correctly.....not a very good time for CS fans.

but like I said...I still play because I play on good servers. Admins are fair and ever-present, and most of the people who play there are regulars, so everyone knows each other. Amazing what a difference that makes....

hmmm yeah i hate AWP's they suck Ballzis seriously and thats where u get all these crazy head shots from

almondboy72, if you don't play with mouse acceleration... I suggest the following:

In cs 1.5 there was a command line when you ran cs that it removes mouse acceleration in WinXp/2k
-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

in cs 1.5 make a shortcut of steam and put this:
"X(whatever your harddrive is):\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10 -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -full

o and yes, the netcode is a wee bit different from 1.5 and 1.6. Find out the perfect cl_updaterate, cl_cmdrate, rate for your internet. I had to fool around with my internet rates before I got it similar to my 1.5 settings.

do i just type this in the consol or make a file i dont get it can u please help me a lil bit im kinda slow

Yeah, CS might work better on lan, but my roommates have these really ancient computers and don't even have decent vid cards, so I'm stuck playing the wrong servers. Noob servers are just a hoax from pros who like to get easy kills to boost their scores.
I'd really like to know a server where sniping is banned altogether, then I might live long enough to actually enjoy the game.
Or perhaps I just suck at it.

Back