• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU folding question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Since -bigadv is history, what is the best CPU client? I'm guessing SMP_FAH is still the best CPU work.

SMP_FAH: 4P AMD vs 2P Intel. Does 4P still crush 2P post -bigadv?

We all know GPU is where it's at for now, but down the road, could multi-thread CPU folding get back on top?

What are the corporate folders using to do it?

Since -bigadv is history, what is the best CPU client? I'm guessing SMP_FAH is still the best CPU work.

SMP_FAH: 4P AMD vs 2P Intel. Does 4P still crush 2P post -bigadv?

We all know GPU is where it's at for now, but down the road, could multi-thread CPU folding get back on top?

What are the corporate folders using to do it?

Bigadv is not gone yet, there is still 8106,8107 and 8108 WU's but they only give out half the points, I get about 120k-190k ppd for each WU.

8106 in 13 hours, 8108 in about 1 day +/- 1 or 2 hours, 8107 I don't get unless I change the flag to bigbeta but then I no TPF, ETA or PPD.

TO get the new ppd etc, you need to change the location of the update files. At this point I don't remember where the new repository is, but I will try to find out for you.

Here is the link to the new HFM, and it shows the new url location. Once you update you will get the info on 8107s.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...ow-Compatible-with-new-psummary?highlight=hfm

Back