• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU+GPU home made waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

piston

Registered
ok, I gotta ask...
how the heck is that huge block mounted to your cpu? i don't see any obvious mounting hardware, and it's definately not using the socket mounts.
and, what does the inside of that block look like?

TheGhengisKhan said:
ok, I gotta ask...
how the heck is that huge block mounted to your cpu? i don't see any obvious mounting hardware, and it's definately not using the socket mounts.
and, what does the inside of that block look like?

The only answer I could imagine is, that it is glued on...
or perhaps mounted with screws from the backside...

yeah i was thinking maybe he mounted it with screws from the back.

and i would also like to see the inside of the block if you have pics.

nice 'improvisation' on the gpu block - copper slab with bent copper pipe soldered to it. not the best looking, but if it works

did you do all the tubing on the Radiator yourself? if so nice job. I can only imagine the (little) flow you get through all that tubing though? what is your aquarium pump rated at and what brand if you know?

but congrats overall on a nice job and the temps seem good so that's what matters

CPU waterblock is screwed through the 4s holes with 4 springs.
The inner blockwater is a path "rectangular spiral",I will post you
the 3Dmodel which have been used to process it.
Thickness is 1/2 (10mm) for each copper plate.
The 4200GPU doesn't emit lot of heat,so his waterblock is simplified and it's enough:after hours of LAN wolf or quake,temperature is 30°C on the back of the card.:)
I 've ordered a 2400+,hehehe,wait see....

Nice job. The tubing is very busy though. I guess I know what an androids small intestines looks like now.

I think that is the most powerful pump I have ever seen in a water cooling setup.

I do remeber someone using a pool pump, but he left it outside his window.

piston said:
and yes I 've tubed myself,not funny....

if that was directed at my comment sorry, i didn't mean anythign by it, i just thought maybe the rad was pre-bought that way or something. its a very nicely run and clean looking job. i know - i'm trying to cram all the 5/8 and 1/2" tubing for my WC system in my case and its a pain...

is it just me or is that case a wooden box? i think it looks really slick. The flow through the radiator is actually very effective because hes switching it from side to side. That way the warmest water isnt all on one side, but is spread throughout the rad. very cool.

also, is that silicon rubber that you used to seal the hoses in the rad?

Last edited:
The Spyder said:
i like the system.... a little ghetto....

am i the only person that think this looks slick? i mean its well organized and well pulled off.

how are you getting 6v to the fans? resistors or is it really just a 7v trick?

-For fans,put 2 of them in parallel on 12V,and each is on 6V.
-Yes,case is a wooden box:very good material to absorb high frequency noise.
-I've used plastic necklaces to seal the hoses on the rad
-Yes,a lot of friction,so flow rate isn't very high,but water has a high Cp (calorific capacity):even I would have a high flow rate,I wouldn't get better performance (I've tried before).
-Radiator has been taken from a car,so it's not look nice as a new,but I paid it 5$!!!!!!!

Before,I cooled my CPU only with the same setup with temp range 30-32°C.After,I put my GPU water block,temp has rised to 32-34°C for my CPU:as you can see,my setup can absorb a lot of enegy (heat) source,beacause of my volume water and the size of my radiator.
Water temp is 1-2°C higher than ambient temp (outside the case)
For my case,I've put 2 Noise Blocker fan in parallel on 12V (to run them on 6V):case temp is 24-25°C in bios.

Back