• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU problem help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trueweltall

I recently bought a new hsf and put it on and forgot to plug my led connections on right, so i just turned it off and put them on the right way. These are the leds that light up on the front of the case for power,hd,etc, i went to turn the computer on and it tells me that my cpu has changed or is unworkable! It worked fine before and after i got my new hsf im running at stock speeds too.

As of now im writing this message on the same machine and it seems to be working but i want to make sure im not doing anything wrong.

Okay i just checked the bois and everything is normal there, it doesnt give me the error anymore but im still confused as to why it did in the first place.

Don't worry, plugging in the LEDs the wrong way will not damage anything. The only side effect is the LEDs won't work till you plug em in correctly.

bchur83 said:
Did you take the chip out of the socket when you were changing HS? If you did, it will say that, cuz it thinks you changed something.

But it would take 5 days for it to notice that? Today i just changed the leds around so they would work and then it gave me that problem.

Back