• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

groz

I have a P3V4X MOBO
and a PIII 750 coppermine

I was wondering what sort of CPU temperature i should get, at the moment it is about 54'C

Is this too hot??

That sounds a bit high. My Cely2-600MHz gets to about 38C at full load CLOCKED TO 900MHz.

It could be the thermal grease, poor contact between CPU and cooler.

/GM

Temp is really a bit high...! Artic Silver May help! If the heatsink fan is a litle anemic, change it with a papst 33cfm fan or an adda 28 cfm (quieter alternative).. The delta 38cfm are too much noisy...

I have the same mother board with a P3 600@800 with a Global Win VOS-32. Running SETI all day my temp never goes over 36c I would get a better heat sink/fan and some Arctic Silver

It's way to high for a CMine get a better cooling unit or better still go to Watercooling>

I have really whacked some voltage though my FCPGA chips in my time and never got 54°c

Have you got a level interface between CPU die slug and heatsink?

Have you still got any gimmick sticker heatsink compound pads on the bottom of your heatsink?

Is your die cap damaged in anyway and in need of copper fill to create a harmonious bond to the heatsink using copperslip?

The most I have ever risen to is 51°c with 2.15v going through a FCPGA 533ae

that is definitely too high
i have a p3 750@900 and the temp never exceeds 43 degrees even at full load.

I have the same MB with a p3-700. I'm using the alpha 3125 HS from 3dfxcool, he calles it the Alpha1HO-P3-FAN. Its straght up bada$$. It got my p3-700@1ghz and it runs at 35c all day under load. Just an idea.

P.S. This forum is way better than before, I'm going to really check it out often, I'll be around

Back