• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU wont overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

waddupmm

Disabled
Cant figure it out, it just wont overclock ive tried so many times, when I OC to 3.5 i idle at 43 but wont run prime 95 without an error and when i bump up my vcore it will run prime 95 about half the time the other half Ill still get the error im running pc3200 xms ram, its not bad ram it passed 56 test in mem test, I even get error and reboots running my cpu at default speeds. People say they get to 3.6 ghz with default vcore, I have to bump mine up to 1.6 just to load windows, and its not prime95 stable, I have a decent power supply http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-154-015&depa=0, I get voltage drops when running prime 95, ex: 1.37-1.34, have good cooling in my case running stock heatsink, my agp/pci ratio is fixed by default in my bios, and I dont have a spread spectrum option. I have an abit ai7 mobo rite now with the latest bios, I will be getting a new one, just need some opinions on what you think the problems mite be, and if its the psu let me know quickly so I can return :) thx in advance

Yes, AbsoulteZero is right, unfortunately sounds like you have just gotten a bad core. Luck of the draw i suppose, better luck next time. :(

Back