• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix VS. G.Skills

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CrazyIrish said:
Micron d9s all the way :) And you may not need any special cooling. Plenty of people due without, but my case is a bit stifling. (I ripped most of the fans out as the were WAY too loud.)

Haha yeah that makes it even better, just knowing they can take one hell of a load. I wouldnt go without fans though lol ;) thats just me.

I'm in the same boat, but it looks like Crucial is going to get my $ this time. Even without the rebate they are cheaper right now (at least on newegg). Even if the HZs OC a few extra MHz I can't see it being worth almost twice as much (after rebate).

It looks like the MIR for Ballistix ends today, so get it now if you want it.

I'm planning on building a new system in a month or so, and was going to ask if I should wait to buy RAM or not. I've read that DDR2 prices are on the rise. Since the MIR ends today I may have to jump on it now.

Back