• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Multiplayer Beta - I got a key and won't use it, so I'll raffle it off!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jivetrky

OK kids, the results are in. First the method by which I came up with the winners. I used a method very similar to one which Super Nade used for a contest a while back (HERE). But, instead of using human interaction to come up with the 2 random numbers, i simply used the random number generator (mostly because I did this at 3am and there wasn't anyone around :) Also it doesn't allow for any possibility of a clairvoyant friend picking a winner. :D)

So, using random.org's random integer generator, I set it to pick two random numbers between 1 and 27 (The number of applicants)...here's a shot of the settings:

And here's the results:

I then used random.org's random sequence generator to create a random sequence of numbers from 1 to 27. Here's a shot of the settings for that:

Finally, here are the results of that:

SO, using the first numbers, cross referenced with the sequence generated, we see that the first winner is the 23rd spot in the generated sequence, which is 16. So the 16th person to opt in is our first winner (and will receive the key I had)
The second winner, using the same method, is the 22nd person and will receive the key provided by hUMANbEATbOX.

So, if you haven't been keeping score:

Winner #1: dfonda
Winner #2: buckbadly

So congratulations guys! :beer:

BTW, if anyone else comes forward with a key as hUMANbEATbOX or myself had, I will be happy to use this method to choose another winner from the remaining applicants!

Thanks guys, and to the winners: have fun beta testing!

Alright kids, being an nvidia SLI club member gets a few perks in case you didn't know. I got a beta for Hellgate London, which I didn't have time to use, so I gave it away to a fellow OCFer....and now I got a Crysis Multiplayer beta key from them as well. And again, I won't use it. I can just be patient and get my preordered copy. Besides, I want a new vid card before I play it anyway. :thup:

So I'm going to do a raffle for the key that I have. I'll give people a couple days to say they want in, then I'll randomly assign a number to each person and then ask one of the mods or someone to blindly pick a number. This person will be the winner. If you want in, just post. I think by Sunday night or Monday night it should hopefully have been long enough and let enough people get in.

So post away! Oh, and the only stipulation is that you have to post a snazy screenshot or two and tell us how the game is :)
(That is, as long as that doesn't breach whatever NDA they may have. If it does then you can just enjoy it on your own. :santa:)

EDIT: hUMANbEATbOX has offered a key that he also will not be able to use. So there will be TWO lucky ppl that will get keys!

Opted In:

PhysX
Karnal
rugscrubber
SeasonalEclipse
Epilon
DumpALump
Twigglish
iLLestOne
maxio098ui
SteveLord
xilix
Wicked Klown
Celeron_Phreak
msmolt
Dan0512
dfonda
killerkid
Hazaro
Icebl@ster
Janus67
steveeb
buckbadly
stereo555
blitzkrieg1110
insanemonkey
Mav2KM
IR1

I think it would be more fair to the people that have opted in if there's a cutoff for this little raffle. So I'm saying 11:59pm tonight will be the last entry taken. So that gives you about another 8.5 hours.

Last edited:
I would like in, not for me, but for my gfs brother he missed out on it and is getting jealous about all the screens i send him haha...

I will trade you 7 orphans for your crysis key.
If not they are going to the nearest China Buffet.

Actually looks like a really fun game. I live FPS type games, but I really enjoy this form of FPS. Anyone ever play C&C renegade? Graphics were not so hot, but the "Massive war going on around you and you are completing objectives within that war" style is fun.

I'm in :)

I will trade you 7 orphans for your crysis key.
If not they are going to the nearest China Buffet.

wow, 7 orphans....I've been wanting to increase my collection. :)

mmmmm China Buffet. :) I ate there last week and got the guts to eat a baby octopus. It was.....chewy. :)

Actually looks like a really fun game. I live FPS type games, but I really enjoy this form of FPS. Anyone ever play C&C renegade? Graphics were not so hot, but the "Massive war going on around you and you are completing objectives within that war" style is fun.

I'm in :)
Man CC Renegade was awesome! A lot of people still play it.

Yep. Where do you think they get the stuffing for the crab cakes?
It aint crab, thats for sure.

How do you think I get hardware $?

Alright kids, being an nvidia SLI club member gets a few perks in case you didn't know. I got a beta for Hellgate London, which I didn't have time to use, so I gave it away to a fellow OCFer....and now I got a Crysis Multiplayer beta key from them as well. And again, I won't use it. I can just be patient and get my preordered copy. Besides, I want a new vid card before I play it anyway. :thup:

So I'm going to do a raffle for the key that I have. I'll give people a couple days to say they want in, then I'll randomly assign a number to each person and then ask one of the mods or someone to blindly pick a number. This person will be the winner. If you want in, just post. I think by Sunday night or Monday night it should hopefully have been long enough and let enough people get in.

So post away! Oh, and the only stipulation is that you have to post a snazy screenshot or two and tell us how the game is :)
(That is, as long as that doesn't breach whatever NDA they may have. If it does then you can just enjoy it on your own. :santa:)

Opted In:

PhysX
Karnal
rugscrubber
SeasonalEclipse
Epilon
DumpALump
Twigglish

Add me too please :)

Definitely count me in. I've been wanting in on this for a while now. :drool:

Half of OCF is going to sign up man...

Good luck to those who enter, make sure you have a 8800 or 2900 if you want anything decent LOL! (Not kidding)

Half of OCF is going to sign up man...

Good luck to those who enter, make sure you have a 8800 or 2900 if you want anything decent LOL! (Not kidding)

Yeah, I know. I just wish I had the resources to provide more than one. Would be cool if anyone else in my situation would give it up as well, perhaps someone will.:beer:

Yeah, I know. I just wish I had the resources to provide more than one. Would be cool if anyone else in my situation would give it up as well, perhaps someone will.:beer:

I've got a key I won't use. :) Its been sitting here on a pad of paper, I honestly am not interested enough to install it...although I did download it. I'm too occupied with the TF2 beta and Crysis I think will only suit me for SP.

So add 1 to the list. I'll send you a PM sometime tomorrow (and if I forget, PM me to remind me ;)).

I've got a key I won't use. :) Its been sitting here on a pad of paper, I honestly am not interested enough to install it...although I did download it. I'm too occupied with the TF2 beta and Crysis I think will only suit me for SP.

So add 1 to the list. I'll send you a PM sometime tomorrow (and if I forget, PM me to remind me ;)).

Ok cool.....so we'll have TWO keys to give out to a future beta tester :)

Back