• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Multiplayer Beta - I got a key and won't use it, so I'll raffle it off!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WINNERS HAVE BEEN POSTED! SEE FIRST POST!

Congrats! And as I said in that post, if anyone else happens to come up with a key that they cannot use, I will be happy to raffle it off to the remaining applicants!

Nice!

Buckbadly, I'd be interested to hear how well your rig can run the game, even at the lowest settings. I'm sure there are many on the forums who would love a small write up of your experiences, either in a new thread or in the one about how Crysis runs (somewhere around here).

Have fun guys!

I think it might be playable on lowest settings at 800x600, That's what my 7900GS was running, but after Beta 3 I'm not sure how much it got optimized.

Curses!! I really wanted that darned key.

Congrats to the winners! Post some screenies for us to drool over until the SP demo comes out.

HOLY CRAP!!! I've never won anything in my life :santa:

I will be sure and let everyone know how my crappy outdated rig runs this:beer:

Ditto ... Congrat's !!!

and thanks to the OP's for their generosity and making this possible (even if I didn't win) . Thanks guys ;)

Ok, got some initial feedback to report. And again, thanks for the opportunity to get in on this.

First there is no way in game of getting screenshots, at least I didn't see any options to bind a key for it. And I don't have fraps atm so I might have to grab that.

I fired it up and it was way screwed up so I had to go and grab the latest vid drivers, then it was ok.

The server interface is pretty cool, kinda scifi looking. Not a lot of players on, but then again I don't know how many were givin access to keys.

The gameplay is alright, kind off reminds me off Quake wars, grabbed the mp demo the other day. I haven't played it a lot today, probably get back on this evening.

Now, for the graphics portion. Sadly to report, I can't really comment on this because I wouldn't be doing the game or the manufacturer any justice.

If you are running a rig similar to mine, do not, I repeat DO NOT run out and buy this when it comes out and expect it to be enjoyable. I let the game auto detect my hardware and left it at that, 800X600, all low settings, and it ran like crap, albeit it was semi playable. FYI, I'm running 1.5G not 1G of ram.

Another thing to keep in mind is it is a beta so it might be a little more optimized when it is released.

I will try to get some screenshots of in game play, however; it would be pointless IMO.

I know there are folks on here with rigs a lot more worthy of this game then mine, but after seeing system requirements, I fealt it might be up to snuff and play it ok, not with all the eye candy but at least smoothly.

So I apologize to anyone that feels like I stiffed them out of a chance to play this, luck of the draw I guess:-/

Don't apologize, everyone counts. :)

I'm sure there are a LOT of people with rigs like yours that would appreciate seeing screenshots. If you could run fraps and give an idea about FPS that would be cool too.

There are always tweaks to be made in the game, but this early on I'm not sure they are well known.

Ok, got some initial feedback to report. And again, thanks for the opportunity to get in on this.

First there is no way in game of getting screenshots, at least I didn't see any options to bind a key for it. And I don't have fraps atm so I might have to grab that.

I fired it up and it was way screwed up so I had to go and grab the latest vid drivers, then it was ok.

The server interface is pretty cool, kinda scifi looking. Not a lot of players on, but then again I don't know how many were givin access to keys.

The gameplay is alright, kind off reminds me off Quake wars, grabbed the mp demo the other day. I haven't played it a lot today, probably get back on this evening.

Now, for the graphics portion. Sadly to report, I can't really comment on this because I wouldn't be doing the game or the manufacturer any justice.

If you are running a rig similar to mine, do not, I repeat DO NOT run out and buy this when it comes out and expect it to be enjoyable. I let the game auto detect my hardware and left it at that, 800X600, all low settings, and it ran like crap, albeit it was semi playable. FYI, I'm running 1.5G not 1G of ram.

Another thing to keep in mind is it is a beta so it might be a little more optimized when it is released.

I will try to get some screenshots of in game play, however; it would be pointless IMO.

I know there are folks on here with rigs a lot more worthy of this game then mine, but after seeing system requirements, I fealt it might be up to snuff and play it ok, not with all the eye candy but at least smoothly.

So I apologize to anyone that feels like I stiffed them out of a chance to play this, luck of the draw I guess:-/

Hehe, I thought it might run something like that ;)

I was getting ~40fps normally outdoors for my rig with a 7900GS.

F12(Pretty sure) or F10 is the default screenshot key.

Posting screenshots is a violation of the NDA (Don't tell people about the beta rule) just to let you know.

I got some fraps video, but no recorded sound ;P
I might switch over to record, I've got some good nuke clips!

btw here's a nuke picture I found.
2000917925668730344_rs.jpg

Last edited:
And this review for Crysis tells quite a bit of info.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6180628.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6180628

Minimum System Requirements:
OS--Windows XP or Windows Vista
Processor--2.8GHz or faster (XP); 3.2GHz or faster* (Vista)
Memory--1GB RAM or 1.5GB RAM (Vista)
Video Card--256MB**
Hard Drive--12GB
Sound Card DirectX 9.0c compatible

* Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz (3.2GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2GHz (2.2GHz for Vista) or faster, and other similar CPUs.

** Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT + or similar GPUs. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements:
OS--Windows XP / Vista
Processor--Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz
Memory--2GB RAM
GPU--NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

Players who have DX10 will get a better-looking experience, with all of our settings dialed all the way up, but this will take up more of your hardware's resources. This is what our "Very High" settings are reserved for, and if you have the hardware, we fully recommend it. Our "High" settings can be used by DX10 and DX9 users, and will perform better in DX10, though our DX9 players will have nothing to worry about because we are really pushing that technology to new levels.

GS: When we talked last year it was said that Crysis will ship with 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Is 64-bit still in the box? Does it offer any kind of performance improvements as predicted?

CY: Yes, 64-bit in general runs better than 32-bit. In fact I would recommend gamers run 64-bit only under very high configurations. We ship both 32- and 64-bit out of box.

Hehe, I thought it might run something like that ;)

I was getting ~40fps normally outdoors for my rig with a 7900GS.

F12(Pretty sure) or F10 is the default screenshot key.

Posting screenshots is a violation of the NDA (Don't tell people about the beta rule) just to let you know.

I got some fraps video, but no recorded sound ;P
I might switch over to record, I've got some good nuke clips!

btw here's a nuke picture I found.
[IMG--]http://aycu39.webshots.com/image/31918/2000917925668730344_rs.jpg[/IMG]

OMG! That nuke picture looks awesome for an in game animation!

Back