• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cya later Android!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ICS is so much better then any others, they really fixed alot

Indeed. The drastic jump in performance and aesthetics from 2.3.X to 4.0.X is amazing. 4.1 is another incremental and important jump!

I understand what your saying but the iphone are too restrictive. <Can't discuss that here -thid> Thats not possible with the iPhone (as far as i'm aware) but I feel that way for all apple products. I would never buy one due to the fact that I would be supporting a company that never gives users full control.

If apple was a country I think they would probably be North Korea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I laugh at how Apple has become "the enemy" but Microsoft is ok now. Used to be the other way around.

Personally I love Apple products. I like that they are restrictive. Never got a virus from the app store. 90% of the things I need to do are one click. Updates come when they say they are coming. Yes, I can't do a bunch of things with my settings and add external memory, but this thing just works. And easily.

That being said, I'm also starting to like Android as well. I'm liking messing around with it as like all of us here, I like to tinker. I'm watching a movie on my Bionic while I type this.

I like both for different reasons.

I second GoD's way of thinking.

I like Apple's airtight philosophy to some extent. You download something from the App Store, it works, no need to check for virus or anything. Apple says an update is coming, it's coming. You connect your iOS Device to your Mac with a properly crafted iTunes library and everything flows without you messing with folders. You buy a certified accessory, you plug it, it works. Easy.

But, I also like Android for the lack of this airtight philosophy. You want to root your phone? Fine. Easy. You want to use another ROM or craft one yourself? You can do it! You want to tweak your Android system? Got that covered! Or maybe trim it to the bone? Yup, you can. What about creating accesories for it? ADK has you covered!

It's like comparing Apples to oranges a little bit, IMHO.

I second GoD's way of thinking.

I like Apple's airtight philosophy to some extent. You download something from the App Store, it works, no need to check for virus or anything. Apple says an update is coming, it's coming. You connect your iOS Device to your Mac with a properly crafted iTunes library and everything flows without you messing with folders. You buy a certified accessory, you plug it, it works. Easy.

But, I also like Android for the lack of this airtight philosophy. You want to root your phone? Fine. Easy. You want to use another ROM or craft one yourself? You can do it! You want to tweak your Android system? Got that covered! Or maybe trim it to the bone? Yup, you can. What about creating accesories for it? ADK has you covered!

It's like comparing Apples to oranges a little bit, IMHO.

Ill put it in words for you

Techie vs None techie

Buy Apple if you want to get your work done and thats it

Buy Android to tinker with stuff

What does "getting your work done" have to do with anything? I can get my work done on my Android-based phone and have since the OG Droid was released. :eh?:

It all comes down to personal preference, simple as that.

What does "getting your work done" have to do with anything?

It's the standard fall-back for Apple... you're not allowed to tinker with it, so obviously you're doing nothing but working (on those texting and Facebook gaming skills... :rolleyes:).

I can't wait to get back to iOS!! Had the 3G iPhone back in the day, and it was almost useless, and ended up getting an HTC EVO 4G as a Christmas present to myself that year, and thought I'd never go back to iOS, and now, 23 months later, I am so anxious to get an iPhone (4S or 5, at this point I don't care).

a lot has changed sense the Evo 4g W/Gingerbread me and my wife both just got rid of ours( mine a couple months back hers last night) that phone had more problems between it being a HTC and running such a old OS.

alot has changed with android since gingerbread, android is much much more reliable and responsive with the new hardware and OS then it was two years ago, iOS on the other hand has not changed one bit.

i originally came home with the iphone 4s i absolutely hated it felt like a ipod that could make calls with, after having android for so long you will probably not be happy with a iphone again so be sure you get it some wear like bestbuy were you have 30 days to exchange it if you find you dont like it.

Last edited:
Seriously, Apple sucks. They sell substandard hardware for exorbitant prices, and then lock you out/restrict access to your own device as much as they can.

I'm also sick of stock Android installs, that's why I always install Cyanogenmod on every Android device I have, and I can then sit and laugh at the Apple fans who paid twice as much for their device which doesn't perform as well or have anywhere near the number of features as mine.

From what I've seen, very few people who really know a lot about computers seem to own Apple devices, as they know better than to listen to all the marketing hype. They're targeted toward dumbasses/n00bs who don't even know what Unix is, and people who have far more money than sense.

Add their shocking business practices with all their lawsuits, and I'm never going to buy any Apple product.

Android 4.2 is awesome.

Hard to get a good feel for android... Very dependent upon how the manufacturer packages the OS up on your device.

Been almost a week now on my Nexus 4... And it is great.

Unadulterated android is good. Next best thing is cyanogenmod, but that's dependent upon how well your device is supported. After that are all the branded packaging of android with their own bloatware and other crap.

I love it when Apple users say that.

My Android device "just works", too. Very easily.

My android devices work as well. I do find however that my Apple stuff works more simply. I don't have to click twice or even three times to do things. It's a much simple interface IMHO. Another thing I've noticed is when I scroll a screen on my Android stuff, the words are blurry for a split second until it completely stops. Not a huge thing, but it's odd. I personally just find IOS easier to use, easier to teach someone how to use, and has less steps involved in most tasks.

I have both as I am not indebted to any company. I like to have/use both so I have an understanding of both. There are things I like about Android based phones over Apple phones, but to each his own.

My android devices work as well. I do find however that my Apple stuff works more simply. I don't have to click twice or even three times to do things. It's a much simple interface IMHO. Another thing I've noticed is when I scroll a screen on my Android stuff, the words are blurry for a split second until it completely stops. Not a huge thing, but it's odd. I personally just find IOS easier to use, easier to teach someone how to use, and has less steps involved in most tasks.

I have both as I am not indebted to any company. I like to have/use both so I have an understanding of both. There are things I like about Android based phones over Apple phones, but to each his own.

Yeah, it depends on the device.
Since iOS is made for Apples own devices, it won't/shouldn't lag or freeze up like android can on low-end hardware.

When my android install on my phone gets super bloated and/or I have a bunch of stuff open, It can get a little slow.

I'm now running a custom rom that is usually super smooth all the time.

But like I said...
Some devices have low end hardware and the interface isn't very smooth or the phone is slow.

So there's some truth to that, but it totally depends on the hardware and if the phone is filled with bloatware.

Android 4.2 is awesome.

Hard to get a good feel for android... Very dependent upon how the manufacturer packages the OS up on your device.

Been almost a week now on my Nexus 4... And it is great.

Unadulterated android is good. Next best thing is cyanogenmod, but that's dependent upon how well your device is supported. After that are all the branded packaging of android with their own bloatware and other crap.

This ^^^. :thup: I'm excited because I'm getting a Nexus 7 for Christmas from the GF this year and it will be my first android device that isn't filled with OEM crap. I'm running CM9 on my GSII, but it's not the same unadulterated android like you said.

As much as i prefer the iOS fit and finish more then Android, im starting to consider getting an android device(trying to decide between the Galaxy 3 and the Xperia TL, i despise the huge screens that is common place for the "flagship phones" and is the exact reason why i hate Android, its nothing but a numbers game, making it impossible to get top hardware in a decent sized phone....i just cant use something that big one handed comfortably). The only reason im considering jumping is that jailbreaking hasnt been around for anything newer then the iPhone 4(my current device) in a stable or untethered fashion, and there are a number of add ons that I now consider mandatory in order to make iOS work the way i want it too....dilemmas, ugh

TL;DR:
have iphone 4, love it
flagship android devices are too big
cant get iphone 5 because no jailbreak
at a loss because im the minority of both groups

Have you looked at the Droid Razr M?

I used to feel the same way about screen size until I actually got the S III (I had all 4.3" and smaller before than, and I have extremely small hands). Going to a small screen is terrible now.

Also might want to take a look at this:

Last edited:
Im on AT&T and plan on sticking with it because of my unlimited data, so no Droid products for me. I tried the GS3 in store, and found it way to cumbersome to use one handed, which is how ive used phones for the past 10 years. Then again it did have that bulky security device on it which made it impossible to actually feel what really be like. Im really drawn toward the Sony TL for some reason though

Right there with you guys on the phone screen size department, but for different reasons. I currently have a first-gen Motorola Atrix on AT&T but am due for an upgrade.

I'm to the point where any phone screen is just too small for comfortable internet browsing, even the ones with relatively large screens. I have to lift my glasses up to look at them like a damn old man due to not being able to see small text close up with my prescription. All I really want a phone to do well is talk and text so I'd rather have a small phone. I'll just tether to a Nexus 7 whenever I want internet browsing. All this is leading me to an iPhone5, since it's a small device, sharp screen, good hardware, good texting functionality.

Older and blinder every day!

Back