• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DAC issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNightman

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to the audio/music equipment environment and I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I've currently purchased a Presonus Audiobox 96 and I can't get the damn thing to work. The first couple of hours everything was fine up until in started a new session in Ableton. I just can't get audio signal into the DAC. Tried all possible solutions, even re-installed bloody Windows.

At one point in worked for a bit when i changed the sample rate in the Windows Audio settings, but after I restarted Ableton it collapsed again. Disabled Legacy support in Bios, reinstalled Asio, forced WDM to 16 bit 44.1khz. Nothing.

I've tested it on a laptop and everything works perfectly fine.

Any suggestions?

P.S. My pc config, if it helps, is the following:
B450 Aorus Elite

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

TeamGroup 16gb RAM @2400MHZ

Seasonic Focus Plus 650W

STRiX ROG RX580 8GB OC

Coolermaster 120 pro

Kingston 500GB SSD

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

It was the motherboard. Poor power supply to the USB ports. I bought a powered USB hub and everything works like a charm. Tried and tested with Ableton and Studio One 4. Not the slightest of glitches. Of course I believe it could've worked with a PCIe USB Hub, but I've decided to return it once I saw that the external hub worked.

Thank you for your advice though. Appreciate your time.

Yeah for sure. If you like to keep your ports handy a powered one is a MUST. Good you found the problem. I use the Anker 4port slim usb3 hub A7518.

Back