• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Data Recovery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amandawilliams

Does anyone know of some good data recovery services? The disk makes a beeping sound every 3 seconds and is a seagate.

Can't access it in anyway so I know it is hardware issue and need a good data recovery expert.

Options?

I've heard of people having HDs die and brought them back to life by freezing them over night. Plug it in and hurry up and get the info off it. This usually applies when the system no longer reads the disk at all.

Before you do the above, check your bios settings to be sure the drive is there and active.

If the OS can't see it, there's no software that can help you.....

I've heard of people having HDs die and brought them back to life by freezing them over night. Plug it in and hurry up and get the info off it. This usually applies when the system no longer reads the disk at all.

Before you do the above, check your bios settings to be sure the drive is there and active.

If the OS can't see it, there's no software that can help you.....

Put it in an antistatic bag and put it in the freezer for an hour. Download ftkimager lite (it's freeware), hookup the drive, and see what you can get.

Seagate is supposed to have pretty good data recovery. At the rate their drives have failed the last few years , they should have a fair amount of experience.

I'm pretty sure he got it figured out considering the thread is over a year old. I suspect jd is offering his services and reported as such.

*edit offending post removed above Alaric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back