• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR Boosters @ FrozenCPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder if this too, just like the OCZ Plat ltds and now the EB, will be discontinued in a few months. Seems like a great device for the mod-challenged oc'ers, but I can't see plopping down $60 with $2 on an Asus board will get you the same thing, without using a dimm slot and pumping more heat into that area of the mobo.

The thing that puzzles me is that BH5 has been out of production for a while and OCZ's marketing has basically touted EB as the second coming. Trying to make us forget BH5 ever existed. Then why this product? I thought Hynix, Samsung and CH-5 responded poorly to more volts.

On the plus side, this is simply wonderful for everyone who has a mobo that can't be vmodded and is on the compatibily list. Too bad this wasn't around when Abit was screwing the computer world over with the introduction of the MAX3.

From what I hear, it works as advertised. Good job OCZ.

The thing that puzzles me is that BH5 has been out of production for a while and OCZ's marketing has basically touted EB as the second coming. Trying to make us forget BH5 ever existed. Then why this product? I thought Hynix, Samsung and CH-5 responded poorly to more volts.
you asked for it,you got it, toyota!
opps wrong commercial :)
but they are just giving us what we ask for.in the long run i think it may backfire on them unless they have stringent stick rma process to keep numbnutz's from frying ram with it and rmaing it.

this is a tool that can be used for the lifetime of ddr1 and on many mobos.so i see it as an investment in less headaches with lacking voltage mobos.
ive many times refused to buy a certain mobo due to lack of vdimm! now its not an issue :)

I agree. I have an Asus solely because it was easy to vmod. Just wish this thing was out last year :) But better late than never.

Welp, here is a shot of my "gig-O-bh5" at 250fsb with 3.5v 2-2-2-5. To bad my chip doesn't go any higher. :(

I really like this OCZ booster! :thup: :thup:

THe BH-5 beats out my 3700EB by about 40 points...allthough the BH-5 is running at 2-2-2-5 in this screenie.

Attachments

• bh5 250 mem booster.JPG
    bh5 250 mem booster.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 62
krag said:
Welp, here is a shot of my "gig-O-bh5" at 250fsb with 3.5v 2-2-2-5. To bad my chip doesn't go any higher. :(

I really like this OCZ booster! :thup: :thup:

THe BH-5 beats out my 3700EB by about 40 points...allthough the BH-5 is running at 2-2-2-5 in this screenie.
can you explain to me why my bandwith is much higher and at 231fsb 2.5-4-4-7? i know efficiancy may be going up but it just seems so odd to me.

Attachments

• bandwith1.jpg
    bandwith1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 58
deathstar13 said:
can you explain to me why my bandwith is much higher and at 231fsb 2.5-4-4-7? i know efficiancy may be going up but it just seems so odd to me.

wow 6100 at only 231 with those timings 2.5.4.4.7. man i only got 6700 at 290 1-1 @3-4-4-8. deathstar what is the secret???

flapperhead said:
wow 6100 at only 231 with those timings 2.5.4.4.7. man i only got 6700 at 290 1-1 @3-4-4-8. deathstar what is the secret???
the hell if i know! lol really i dont know.

ive hit 6400-6500 with it at 264fsb 1:1 3.0-4-4-8 tho.
i think its the efficiancy goes up or mabey the gat settings?
i am at a 5/4 ratio on the cpu tho.

me and batboy did alot of testing and didnt really figure it out either thats why ive held onto the ram.being double sided sticks mabey?

deathstar13 said:

Do you get the same scores when you click the "refresh" button in the Sandra program to redo the bench? You should get very close to the same each time you re-bench it.

Are you using a pressy in that benchie? THe 1mb cache on the pressy gives better mem scores but...your score seems too good to be true. I have never seen a 231fsb 61k benchie or even heard of one before.

yes i get close to same each time.
and yes the prescott in my sig.
ive run other bandwith tests and seemed about same. i cant remember which ones but ill test anything if we can figure it out.
my gat settings in bios are:
a,a,a,d,d
and pat enabled.

deathstar13 said:
yes i get close to same each time.
and yes the prescott in my sig.
ive run other bandwith tests and seemed about same. i cant remember which ones but ill test anything if we can figure it out.
my gat settings in bios are:
a,a,a,d,d
and pat enabled.

You lucky dog! :drool:

What is the brand of mem? You wanna sell em? Maybe for a modded Max 3 and some$$$$?

Or maybe a gig-o-3700EB????

krag said:
You lucky dog! :drool:

What is the brand of mem? You wanna sell em? Maybe for a modded Max 3 and some$$$$?
lol well yeh im about to put em up for sale. not so sure i should tho now.
its my kvr266 2x512 hynix bt-d43
and i posted another run with more info added if we can figure out whats up?

i think ill go run 1:1 at 264 and see what it looks like again. honestly i dont know why im doing so well i thought i was just natural for the intel rigs in all honesty.
thats why ive been pushing so hard to find 300fsb ram for 1:1 but if i wont dont even this good im just confused now :(

Attachments

• bandwith2.jpg
    bandwith2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 56
deathstar13 said:
lol well yeh im about to put em up for sale. not so sure i should tho now.
its my kvr266 2x512 hynix bt-d43
and i posted another run with more info added if we can figure out whats up?

Can still get the same scores with the mem in another mobo?

krag said:
Can still get the same scores with the mem in another mobo?
i did yes but ill have to do some searched.i dont have another mobo on hand but i did run the tests with my old epox p4ca3+ ill post back when i find.

double sided stix are loved by intel chipsets. thats one reason. but that score at 231 fsb with those latencies is the best ive ever seen by far....

in fact i remember a little while back 1 fella getting like a 6500 in sandra running his fsb at 295 and bh5 238 @.2.2.2.5. in my opinion ur 6100/6200 is much more impressive..

im searching all my old posts for my epox's bandwith score with the same sticks.if they arent here XS has them.
i need to find out whats up myself before i can sell or by new sticks.as you know my plans on that flapper.

flapperhead said:
double sided stix are loved by intel chipsets. thats one reason. but that score at 231 fsb with those latencies is the best ive ever seen by far....

in fact i remember a little while back 1 fella getting like a 6500 in sandra running his fsb at 295 and bh5 238 @.2.2.2.5. in my opinion ur 6100/6200 is much more impressive..

Pssaaahhhwwww....they are a dad-gumm freak-O-nature!!! :clap:

Back