• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deals for folders!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
O_O

560 ti.... or sway bar for race car? Decisions....

EDIT: Yeah, looking at my budget racing is waay more fun than folding.

Last edited:
FINALLY, been waiting for this to show up again.

10% off desktop memory using BTENHND29. Save a couple bucks buying ram for that 4p.

Just ordered 8 sets of 4x2GB ram for my 4P's

FINALLY, been waiting for this to show up again.

10% off desktop memory using BTENHND29. Save a couple bucks buying ram for that 4p.

Just ordered 8 sets of 4x2GB ram for my 4P's

Not having any luck with the code, is it still current?

Not having any luck with the code, is it still current?
It claims you have to have gotten the email from them, though usually I didn't think it mattered. In my case I had gotten the email with it. It may be a one time use per customer, because I cant get it to work again.

"valid code but no longer excepted"

Make sure you sign up for all of neweggs emails. I buy computer parts on a fairly regular basis, so I find most of the email advertisement to actually be useful with decent deals. Also recommend that you setup another email account and subscribe to all of newegg emails. As some of you discovered, some of the codes can only be used once per account. Having a backup account allows you to place another order, if you forget to buy stuff on the first one.

Make sure you sign up for all of neweggs emails. I buy computer parts on a fairly regular basis, so I find most of the email advertisement to actually be useful with decent deals. Also recommend that you setup another email account and subscribe to all of newegg emails. As some of you discovered, some of the codes can only be used once per account. Having a backup account allows you to place another order, if you forget to buy stuff on the first one.
Yup...Thats exactly what I do. I get 2 identical emails. In my case it was unintentional,changed emails and they just keep sending them anyway.

How do you get around the fact that you have to sign in before the promo code works? Set up another account?

Yup...Thats exactly what I do. I get 2 identical emails. In my case it was unintentional,changed emails and they just keep sending them anyway.

How do you get around the fact that you have to sign in before the promo code works? Set up another account?

yes, using the second email.

I am working with an ebay seller that is willing to sell the Opteron 6176s (2.3ghz, 12 core, MC) for $450 apiece through Paypal. Just throwing this out in case there is any interest in doing a group buy.

I am working with an ebay seller that is willing to sell the Opteron 6176s (2.3ghz, 12 core, MC) for $450 apiece through Paypal. Just throwing this out in case there is any interest in doing a group buy.

Check out that 6176 cpu before you buy it. According to the article on AnandTech, it gets 10% better performance than the 6174, but uses a good deal more power, doing it. For a folding rig, that could be an unexpected extra expense to run.

Also, (and I'm not too familiar with PayPal), but doesn't that add nearly $50 dollar expense to the cost of the item? Isn't there a cheaper way to pay?

I'll bet Norcalsteve, Macaholic, Tuigi, and Harlam have good input on this subject.

Is this seller top rated (98% at least), and not overseas?

He has good reviews and is in LA. I am not ready to buy anything yet, just researching.

As for PayPal, the fees are charged to the seller so I would still pay 450 from my perspective.

Good point on the power consumption though.

Last edited:
He has good reviews and is in LA. I am not ready to buy anything yet, just researching.

As for PayPal, the fees are charged to the seller so I would still pay 450 from my perspective.

Good point on the power consumption though.

If you go by the higher TDP, it's 22w additional for each cpu, which would mean 88w total. The question is would the extra 4% in speed be worth the extra 16% power draw.

Back