• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta GFB1212VHW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JTanczos said:
I sadly destroyed mine when I was testing it out on sunday night. Zip tie fell in the blades and it broke 3 off before throwing it out of the way. I started to cry almost immediately yelling out several 4 letter obsenenities! It was heart breaking! My voice was shakey the next 4 hours and I couldnt sleep! Did I take it way too seriously? Maybe, but that fan was cool as hell! :) They were clean breaks so maybe if I find incredibly strong plastic glue I will try to rebuild it.

I couldnt afford the first one so I probably wont buy one for $20 more.

More luck to the rest of ya!

JT

You're in luck! I've been able to repair broken fan blades before! Go out and buy some 2 part epoxie and use that to glue them back together. Use it very sparingly (you don't want to use too much or else you will throw the fan off balance, which will cause vibration and the bearings will wear out faster) and you have to find a way to hold the blade in the correct position until the bond hardens (I used the quicksetting type so it only took 5 minutes or so.)

Maviryk said:
Quoted for more emphasis "They do run quietly at 7V".

This coming from a guy who uses a Delta TFB1212GHE on the Thermalright XP-120... I shudder to think what your definition of quiet is.

I would get these fans if I knew that they are capable of operating at <25dba. Currently trying to get rid of my pair of TFBs... 40dba @ 5v :bang head

OK so I am sure that we do not have the same definition when it comes to quiet but the GFB is a very unique fan that has two seperate motors that can be run independently and as such you can control each one individually

JTanczos said:
I sadly destroyed mine when I was testing it out on sunday night. Zip tie fell in the blades and it broke 3 off before throwing it out of the way. I started to cry almost immediately yelling out several 4 letter obscenities! It was heart breaking! My voice was shakey the next 4 hours and I couldn't sleep! Did I take it way too seriously? Maybe, but that fan was cool as hell! :) They were clean breaks so maybe if I find incredibly strong plastic glue I will try to rebuild it.

I couldn't afford the first one so I probably wont buy one for $20 more.

More luck to the rest of ya!

JT

Man that is some rotten luck I am very sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will be able to fix it.

Don't know about the rest of you but I find the 80x25 and 90x25 FFB lineup interesting. Also the 50 and 60mm EFBs they'll stock.

Sidewinder rules for their Delta supply.

It's awesome that they are attempting to bring them back. Spread the word around to other PC forums yall frequent, I'm pretty sure that a few people would be interested.

I asked for a notify just to help guage interest. But if the price is right ($30-$40) by the time they come in, I might pick one up anyways.

LordDarik said:
I don't see how 6 less dBA justifies $20 extra for the same airflow
But the pressure dear boy, the pressure. More blade depth means more output pressure. It's not always about CFM.

15 mmH20 is comparable to what a 3-1/2 wheel diameter centrifugal blower might output.

Captain Slug said:
But the pressure dear boy, the pressure. More blade depth means more output pressure. It's not always about CFM.

15 mmH20 is comparable to what a 3-1/2 wheel diameter centrifugal blower might output.

He is correct.

Now before someone starts talking about the TFB and it's max pressure compared to the GFB you had better look at these charts first and compare them side by side while the TFB drops off in a near linear line when pressure is increased you can see that the GFB keeps pace with it very well. Making it an ideal HSF.

TFB.jpg

GFB2.bmp

While the TFB outperforms the GFB slightly especially at near insane air pressures. It is when you factor in the the fact that the GFB is 6 dBA quieter (a difference of 10 dBA is interpreted as twice as loud to the human ear) and operates at not nearly as high a pitch as the TFB making it sound even quieter still and much more tolerable while still pumping out the same CFM. Throw in the major bling factor of the GFB as a bonus and it is not hard to pick the winner.

What's the dba at 7V ? I would consider buying one for my Sl120 as long as it doesn't sound like a 747 is in my room ! :eek:

Mixman said:
What's the dba at 7V ? I would consider buying one for my Sl120 as long as it doesn't sound like a 747 is in my room ! :eek:

Maybe half a 747? :shrug:

Even if they are 6dba quieter than the TFBs, I would guess somewhere around 35dba with a distinct bearing/motor whine that Deltas generally have.

Would one of these bad boys fit on a ninja? because I wanna pick one of these up. If not, I'd have to use my FFB1212VHE or pick up a Panaflo. I assume my VHE would have more pressure than any Panaflo, right?

Last edited:
PWatterson said:
Would one of these bad boys fit on a ninja, because I wanna pick one of these up. If not, I'd have to use my FFB1212VHE or pick up a Panaflo.

Im sure you can, Possibly with zipties, not positive tho. LOL, might need a bracket to keep your ninja from crackin the board if you decide to put the GFB1212VHW on it.

it could double, i promise. i have a pic of mine mounted on a BIX3 if anyone wants to druel lol. if sidewinder does get them, im buying at least 2 more to fill my BIX3. maybe another on the bakc of the case or somethin. and for the food processor comment... i think it could easily double as one... i brought a knuckle across it once, and it felt as if it were about as hard as a lawnmower to stop. and the counter rotating means it will hve more chance to grind up everything passing through haha. if to be used near small anmals and children, i highly reccomend grills, as there isnt even a hub to protect on one side, its all blades.

Kill_A._Byte said:
I cant believe that mounted on there so nice with the clips :cool:
ya, the clips will keep the thing from "lifting off", but i wouldnt trust them to hold the fan on when the mobo is vertical...this fan is as heavy as it is big!!

come to think of it, i dont know if i would trust the (A64) HSF bolts to hold vertically.

E.C. did you (feel the need to) add additional support to your HSF when you had (have?) this fan on your HS?

Wiggles,
thanks, it took some time and effort to edit and resize, im glad you like it...i do :)

EDIT:
everyone who reads this thread needs to add their name to Sidewinder's "Notify me when in stock" list so this becomes a reality!!

Last edited:
Back