• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DO NOT USE slv7 UV BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K3yra7

As the title states. I direct you here.

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia...bios-more-control-better-overclocking-23.html

I was trying for the first time the UV (undervolt) version of the BIOS. I had a problem with the one version where it locked my card in P8 state. I flashed it twice on all 3 cards in DOS and it locked it in P8 both times. This BIOS also featured a new (I've never seen it before) flash screen of the BIOS makers name, etc. before my RAID drivers would load and subsequently boot in to Windows. I did not like this splash screen, but anyways it was there. BIOS was bogus because it locked my GPU's in P8 state (324mhz) and I could not adjust anything (clocks, voltage) with them. Ok so I loaded the other version of this UV BIOS on to my bootable USB key, and flashed my GPU's just like the other 23872083438 times I have flashed my Titans. I reboot after flashing and it loads, I briefly see the new VBIOS splash screen, then my monitor turns off. Ok, I wait for 30 seconds, my motherboard is still stuck on B2 Q-code and the VGA post LED is lit.... Odd. I restart it, monitor stays off, same ****, B2 and VGA LED. Great. Bricked GPUs. It was late at night so I edit my post on TechInferno, now I'm pissed off, then go to bed. I flashed these same GPU's over 2 dozen times, easy, with my own BIOS changes and not a single issue. I even tried the OC version of the BIOS from the same maker. Not an issue. I call his UV BIOS garbage and dangerous. I did nothing different then any other time flashing VBIOS. They call me ignorant, stupid, etc. Ban me from TI for 30 days. I paid money for this stupid forum. They even charged me again after I thought I cancelled my subscription.

Luckily I managed to un-brick my Titans by rather unconventional method.

I warn everybody, do NOT use the UV BIOS. Whatever it did, it would not allow my motherboard to get past the VGA post in BIOS and would show B2 error code (Legacy Option ROM Initialization). I let it sit for 20 minutes and it was still stuck there.

I love how I can't even defend myself there now. Who gives a ****, I've never screwed up a BIOS flash, ever. Maybe his **** BIOS doesn't place nice with the P8Z77 WS + EVGA Titan SC, but I can't see that being the case. I blame the splash screen. Only thing that was different than the other million flashes I've done, and subsequent flashes back to back locking my cards in P8 state. If svl7 or 'Brian' is on this forum I encourage you to respond to me. Instead of banning me from your garbage forum, not allowing me to defend myself. Spineless pricks.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you're stupid splash screen F'd up my video cards because I vaguely saw it before it went black and my monitor turned off. I can post just fine and boot with the video cards removed, but my motherboard gets stuck on B2 Q code not allowing me to flash them back.

Thanks a lot D-bag.
Well you certainly aren't going to get much help when you make a post like this. Sometimes it helps to be a little nicer instead of flaming off and calling people names.

I would like to know more.

I managed to get in to windows with the iGPU, with the video cards not being installed in the PCI-e slots (because the board would not even post if they were installed), then once in windows I plugged them in the PCI-e slots and the PC auto rebooted, and magically it posted and I was able to boot from USB and re-flash them with a BIOS I know works. Problem solved.

Well you certainly aren't going to get much help when you make a post like this. Sometimes it helps to be a little nicer instead of flaming off and calling people names.

I don't see me asking for help there... I know how to un-brick a bad BIOS flash. First time I ever had to do it.

K3yra7, Sorry I may not have worded my statement correctly. You're correct you didn't ask for help, let me revise what I was trying to say. Sometimes when doing BIOS flashes, things go wrong, that is not to say you did or that there isn't something wrong with the BIOS slv made. Though you may have been mad that it didn't work on your card it seems as if people on that post have had success with it. You may have been better off just asking if someone could work with you to see if they could help you get it running correctly. Clearly the person who wrote the BIOS put the effort in to try and help people with titans get better overclocks out of them. Flaming out and calling that person a D-Bag is not the best way of going about solving an issue.

Back