• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOOM 3 GOLD! Official announcement!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay preorders i guess? or do they count sales by how much the retailers buy?

The minimum system requirements that were posted by PC Gamer are crazy.

AMD AthlonXP 2GHz+ or Intel Pentium4 2GHz+
512MB of Ram
GeForce4 MX or Radeon 8500 or better
5GB Hard Drive Space

I bet the recommended system requirements would be something like a 4GHz Pentium4 or an Athlon64 FX-57 with 1GB of ram with an X800 XT or GF6 6800U

OC-Master

Alucard said:
Two threads about the same topic created at the exact same time....whos the reposter? :p
I don't see two threads on the same topic...

One is on the Doom 3 review, the other is this on it going gold. Unless the other one got deleted already.

Drec said:
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay preorders i guess? or do they count sales by how much the retailers buy?

That confused me for a long time too.
Going Gold refers to stopping the programming and sending the game to be put on (a gold) disc.

I will not be pre-ordering this game. I pre-ordered for the first and last time with UT2004, didn't get it until a week after it was released. No sir, I'll be pushing and shoving little old ladies and small children at the local Best Buy to get this game ON the release date.

It also says that the game will be at some stores on the 3rd. Anyone know if it's coming out on 1 DVD or 12 CD's or what?

electromagnetic said:
I will not be pre-ordering this game. I pre-ordered for the first and last time with UT2004, didn't get it until a week after it was released. No sir, I'll be pushing and shoving little old ladies and small children at the local Best Buy to get this game ON the release date.

It also says that the game will be at some stores on the 3rd. Anyone know if it's coming out on 1 DVD or 12 CD's or what?

I am not buying this game unless it comes on DVD... not trying to mess around with a handful of CD's, thats just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

OC-Master said:
The minimum system requirements that were posted by PC Gamer are crazy.

AMD AthlonXP 2GHz+ or Intel Pentium4 2GHz+
512MB of Ram
GeForce4 MX or Radeon 8500 or better
5GB Hard Drive Space

I bet the recommended system requirements would be something like a 4GHz Pentium4 or an Athlon64 FX-57 with 1GB of ram with an X800 XT or GF6 6800U

OC-Master

Thos are crazy, but the other kind of crazy, too hight. I thought this game was supposed to run fine on a GF3, like my rig below...

Wooooooooooooow.... hell is now half-way frozen over... The other half will freeze when HL2 miraculously goes gold. :p

Thought they said to run ultra textures its recommened to have 512mb's of video memory.

But hey the harddrive space is less then EQ2 which is like 10-12gigs if not mistaken right now (2 DVD's or 10CD's last I heard)

Back