• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Loop W/C-SLI Gaming Rig, Video Build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got the Blocks on the video cards last night and plumbed them in. Heres some pics:

Oh, and I have been videoing some of the build but im going to wait till the end and do kind of a time lapse thing. Heres the pics:

gpublock001cw0.jpg

Card and contents of Koosah box.

gpublock002qc8.jpg

'Ceramique' applied to contact areas.

gpublock003qo4.jpg

The back mounting plate with its hardware installed.

gpublock004kn6.jpg

Close-up.

gpublock005bl4.jpg

Back plate mounted.

gpublock006uu8.jpg

And the block side.

gpublock007oq7.jpg

And here are the cards installed and plumbed in. You can see I did decide to go for them in series instead of individual loops, mainly because of the detrimental pressure drop caused by the 'Y' fitting and obvious lack of room in the case.

Nice!....you definitely have to add some acrylic on the top of the case in order to cover the top.... it's going to be a tough one....

I was thinking previously should I go for the DD water-box which cost more than twice of this case cos of these restrictions....this case is not SLI or X-fire compatible....even it's not water-cooled...once the bridge is installed....the top cover can't close.

I'm entertaining the idea of cutting a hole just big enough for the koosah's and bridge to stick out of the top, then making a cover out of fan grill material to go over the hole.

What's wrong with clear case? I love my clear case....It's easy to fix anything and never will get cut on my hand.

I for one do not trust acrylic, one too many stories of cracking reservoirs, tops, and pump assembly's in my opinion. I also believe the clear cases to be too flashy when their first used, and then nasty when all the dust sets in.

But you are doing a great job nonetheless. Keep it up! :)

bryan d

Thanks,

Its been leaktesting all night and I'm seeing a little leakage (kinda) on the Koosah's. The leak is internal, in that the area it has leaked into is inside the channel, but hey....a leak's a leak. Will email them, see what they say.
PIC:
koosahleak003ay6.jpg

damn....130 bucks a piece and it's leak internally

Its a very slow leak, but its filling up the area, little by little.
I think I can see the problem, and its the same on both the blocks so I'm thinking its a problem with the way they manufacture them. The internal rubber seal sits in a channel but in one area it comes up out of the channel a little bit and back in, this must be where the leak is occuring. I can fix it but that would void my warranty.
I've emailed performance-pcs about it, see what they think.
pic:
koosahleak009cj8.jpg

You are spending so much for a piece of block, hope they will let u RMA or exchange for another type. I think now the block cost more than your card. And these sort of block is not compatible with other new video card.

Well, both loops are leak free,(except the koosah blocks). DangerDen have been notified but Im suprised to say its been 5 days and still no response from them. hmmf.

We ordered a OCZ 750W PSU and when that gets here,(hopefully today), we'll be installing the mobo etc.

more pics soon.

Back