• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual monitor issue with onboard and video card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mclmatty

So normally PC's wouldn't allow dual monitors with both a PCI card and onboard graphics but mine appears to be one of the few systems that allow it because I get to this point:
9612b0673901a72a46dcb646b9c8ef2b.png

but monitor 1 (the one connected to the onboard graphics) doesnt show anything despite me being able to put stuff on the other monitor and move my mouse on there although i dont see anything. All I see is the "no signal" message on the monitor.

Monitor 2 is the monitor on my card, it works fine and its the one I am using right now.

I have tried multiple VGA cables yet there is still nothing to be seen.

Any tips on how to get monitor 1 to display something?

Video card: ATI Radon HD 5450 2Gb
Running latest version of CCC on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Did you check your BIOS settings if the onboard is disabled when a PCI card is detected or can you set it on both or something like that?
Besides I dont get the point, your PCI card has more that one output :shrug:

Did you check your BIOS settings if the onboard is disabled when a PCI card is detected or can you set it on both or something like that?
Besides I dont get the point, your PCI card has more that one output :shrug:

I thought by the fact that it was already detected that the BIOS didn't matter at this stage. But I will give it a shot.

I know that but all I have access to right now is VGA until my DVI converter comes. I have a 3rd monitor I'd like to hook up once my converter comes but that only has VGA in so I HAVE to get this working if i want to have that hooked up :D HDMI isn't an option although monitor 1 supports it. Monitor 1 acts funny with HDMI.

Just saw your join date, :welcome:

I never tried to set up my monitors like that, so I don't know the right settings :( Can you set the PCI from the first line to something else?

And just a tip, if your monitor goes nuts when pluged in via HDMI I would RMA it.

Just saw your join date, :welcome:

I never tried to set up my monitors like that, so I don't know the right settings :( Can you set the PCI from the first line to something else?

And just a tip, if your monitor goes nuts when pluged in via HDMI I would RMA it.

Thank you :)

BIOS doesn't seem to have anything obvious :(

Well, not so much as 'nuts' but more distorted and fuzzy. Any idea for that? The monitor runs 1920x1080@60hz by default but it just looks absolutely horrid and text is impossible to read. Do you get what I mean? :)

Last edited:
just looks absolutely horrid and text is impossible to read. Do you get what I mean? :)
Does it have an AUTO button for adjustment? Otherwise try tweaking the settings, if nothing helps I would bring it back / RMA it. Would solve a lot problems for you ;)

And did you try a different HDMI cable?

Back