• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8500 Overclocking Frequency problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No it shouldn't be.
So you set that to AHCI and it still gives the same error. That error isn't the HW it's windows so the PC is fine. but you need that set to AHCI

So you hit F10 and saved the bios settings?
You didn't build this PC did you?

Everything is saved When PC is booting there is ahci, and Nope just bought it 4 Days ago

Try setting it to RAID. Maybe someone set up an array on that PC.

Changed and still dead

- - - Updated - - -

Wondering What will my roommate Say About this :D bcs he gave me money for this PC

i said I'm washing my hands of this but I'm wondering why you bought a 775 PC? I don't know what price you paid for it but I can almost guarantee you could buy something newer for the same amount. This one seems like nothing but headaches.

Like I said it's not broken but windows is misssing something for startup. I can't see your system and I have no idea how it was setup previously. If worse comes to worst you'll need to re-install windows but that shouldn't be necessary. There is a setting that's missing. Are your HDD connected with small cables or large IDE ribbon cables.

Right now I have to go. I won't be back for a while either. At this point maybe you should seek advice from whoever you got this from. As Opty said there seems to be something up with it already.

Last edited:
I bought it for 200euros with HD 6970 e8500 6.5gbddr2 new case that costs here in Slovakia 65euros got 24 Philips monitor gaming mouse keyboard súbofer this all for 200e dont buy it :p i am still študent so i cant afford expensive PC :/

- - - Updated - - -

Okay no problem :) have a good day :) thanks for helping out

- - - Updated - - -

And Both HDDs are conected each with big one

set it to sata if Achi is not working and if that don't work put the windows disk in and try the repair option

EDit try the repair option if that don't work do what Johan said and re install windows if you have the disk

Last edited:
What You mean When in Windows ? I cant get there. But When PC is booting that AHCI writes something About HDD Both of them and also i tried to change priority of HDD but nothing works

OK if it's a big connector then you have IDE and might need to set that up.
What Q_F was asking was before when using your computer did you see in My Computer 1 HDD or 2 HDD
On the standard CMOS features page where you see all the IDE listed what shows up there

Did that, I think one is master ,the other slave on IDE but not sure yet.

Back