• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eBay and HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kid Payne

Do you guys think it's a good idea to buy HDDs from ebay if it's new? There are good deals on new HDDs, but none can tell me about warranties. I emailed a couple of ppl there asking about the warranty and 2 guys said they'd get back to me.

Kid Payne said:
Do you guys think it's a good idea to buy HDDs from ebay if it's new? There are good deals on new HDDs, but none can tell me about warranties. I emailed a couple of ppl there asking about the warranty and 2 guys said they'd get back to me.

Personally I wouldnt order a Hdd on Ebay, but theres plenty of other stuff I would buy at auction. I would rather deal with Newegg or similiar, but thats just me

I just registered with ebay about 2 weeks ago and I won my first auction. I won the casio Gshock watch I've wanted for a long time for $59. The cheapest I found was on the site of the guy I won it from for $79. So I'm on this eBay kick and checked out some HDDs and found some possible great deals, but the warranty and condition of the drives worry me. I'll take your advice and not bid on HDDs. I could probably find good deals soon because of the holidays.

better off getting a drive off a dealer as most times this is the only way to get warranties on the drives

EBAY S*CKS!!! I won like 20 auctions and never got three of the items and the others took for freakin ever to show up. the only ggod thing was that my a7v was brand new, not a refurb like it said it was.

Yea, after all the "instant" gratification of buying stuff on newegg, waiting around for 4 days to get something seems like such a waste of time.

I have been told by dealers that you don't get a wart. on ebay from the manuf. If the person wants to give you one then fine but you won't get one from the Manuf.:( Just buy it from a store.

Cuper said:
I have been told by dealers that you don't get a wart. on ebay from the manuf. If the person wants to give you one then fine but you won't get one from the Manuf.:( Just buy it from a store.

Thats one of my primary reasons for saying buy from a vendor ;)

krm197 said:
Yea, after all the "instant" gratification of buying stuff on newegg, waiting around for 4 days to get something seems like such a waste of time.

Heh, You'll be lucky if someone from Ebay mails your stuff in 4 days :)

Some eBay vendors are very fast - check the feedback to get an idea of how fast they are.

Personally though I wouldn't buy HDDs from eBay.

Like I said before, no one replied back about warranties, so I won't be buying Hdd there. Thanks for all the replies.

Back