• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eBay and HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kid Payne

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2002
Location
Big Apple
Do you guys think it's a good idea to buy HDDs from ebay if it's new? There are good deals on new HDDs, but none can tell me about warranties. I emailed a couple of ppl there asking about the warranty and 2 guys said they'd get back to me.
 

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Joined
Aug 8, 2001
Location
Sunshine State, USA
Kid Payne said:
Do you guys think it's a good idea to buy HDDs from ebay if it's new? There are good deals on new HDDs, but none can tell me about warranties. I emailed a couple of ppl there asking about the warranty and 2 guys said they'd get back to me.

Personally I wouldnt order a Hdd on Ebay, but theres plenty of other stuff I would buy at auction. I would rather deal with Newegg or similiar, but thats just me
 
OP
Kid Payne

Kid Payne

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2002
Location
Big Apple
I just registered with ebay about 2 weeks ago and I won my first auction. I won the casio Gshock watch I've wanted for a long time for $59. The cheapest I found was on the site of the guy I won it from for $79. So I'm on this eBay kick and checked out some HDDs and found some possible great deals, but the warranty and condition of the drives worry me. I'll take your advice and not bid on HDDs. I could probably find good deals soon because of the holidays.
 

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2002
Location
Lewiston Maine
better off getting a drive off a dealer as most times this is the only way to get warranties on the drives
 

LittlePiggie

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Location
Oregon
EBAY S*CKS!!! I won like 20 auctions and never got three of the items and the others took for freakin ever to show up. the only ggod thing was that my a7v was brand new, not a refurb like it said it was.
 

krm197

Registered
Joined
Jan 10, 2002
Yea, after all the "instant" gratification of buying stuff on newegg, waiting around for 4 days to get something seems like such a waste of time.
 

Cuper

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Location
NY
I have been told by dealers that you don't get a wart. on ebay from the manuf. If the person wants to give you one then fine but you won't get one from the Manuf.:( Just buy it from a store.
 

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Joined
Aug 8, 2001
Location
Sunshine State, USA
Cuper said:
I have been told by dealers that you don't get a wart. on ebay from the manuf. If the person wants to give you one then fine but you won't get one from the Manuf.:( Just buy it from a store.

Thats one of my primary reasons for saying buy from a vendor ;)

krm197 said:
Yea, after all the "instant" gratification of buying stuff on newegg, waiting around for 4 days to get something seems like such a waste of time.

Heh, You'll be lucky if someone from Ebay mails your stuff in 4 days :)
 

Rakk

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2002
Location
UK
Some eBay vendors are very fast - check the feedback to get an idea of how fast they are.

Personally though I wouldn't buy HDDs from eBay.
 
OP
Kid Payne

Kid Payne

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2002
Location
Big Apple
Like I said before, no one replied back about warranties, so I won't be buying Hdd there. Thanks for all the replies.