• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eco Mode with Gigabyte B550 motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ubtree

I have installed Ryzen Master (in a new build with 3900X + Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master under Windows 10), but when I try to go into Eco Mode, the following is what happens:

• I run Ryzen Master. The splash screen appears, followed by a screen explaining the risks associated with high voltages, etc.. I confirm that I accept these risks, and the program finishes loading.

• I select Profile 1, select eco mode, save the profile, and click on "Apply". The following message appears: "Following configuration requested requires Ryzen Master to Restart Windows, then Ryzen Master will automatically open; wait for it. Eco Mode. Do you wish to apply now?"

• I click on "OK", and the system reboots. Again, the splash screen appears, followed by the screen explaining the risks associated with high voltages, etc.. I again confirm that I accept these risks, and the program finishes loading.

• Profile 1 is still selected, but when I run Cinebench the CPU power shoots up to 113W (the same value as it was before tried to use Ryzen Master, and way above the 85W TDP expected when running a 3900X in eco mode).

• If I click on "Apply" again, and the message "Following configuration requested requires Ryzen Master to Restart Windows, then Ryzen Master will automatically open; wait for it. Eco Mode. Do you wish to apply now?" appears again, and if I click on "OK", and the system reboots" appears once more, and I am taken once again around the loop.
Looking in the motherboad's user guide, on the Gigabyte website and on the AMD website, I have been unable to find any information on whether Gigabyte motherboards support Eco Mode. Can anyone confirm that they definitely do so? And if so, can anyone point me in the direction of what I need to do in order to engage it?

How are you trying to enter Eco mode? Is this a setting in Ryzen Master or in your bios? Catch 22 if the former because Ryzen Master won't apply profiles upon startup. You'll need to accomplish that in bios directly.

Last edited:
ECO mode is a energy saving feature, and it may be that the profile 1 and ECO mode is in conflict. I looked at the manual for your MB and I see no ECO mode in the BIOS settings as far as I see.

Using an eco mode on 12 core CPU sounds like buying a large hamburger and a diet Pepsi :)

I wasn't testing eco mode on Gigabyte motherboards but it should work in the background. I don't remember if Gigabyte had Eco mode in BIOS. I know that ASRock has an Eco profile.
TDP and power draw reported in the software are two different things. If you get 113W in Cinebench then it's actually lower than standard wattage. These CPUs are passing 150W in benchmarks and if you load them to the limits then will hit 200W. TDP is far from the real wattage of the new CPU series. On Intel, it looks even worse.
I have no idea what are readings on max power plan but if eco is 85W then up to 113W still looks about correct.

Thank you for all the replies. I have delved deeper into the BIOS, and found an eco mode setting. It can be found under the Settings tab, by clicking on AMD Overclocking. The User's Guide does not mention it. Eco mode has to be enabled here for it to work in Ryzen Master. So, problem solved!

Thank you again.

Back