• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everyones Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At 2009 MHz 2.13V using the Maze 3, Eheim 1250 and heatercore with 1 shroud and 2 120mm fans my temps are about 51C load On-die(ambient around 23C).

My springs are pretty tightly compressed, there isn't any space in between(seperating) each spring. Would this cause any problems in terms of temps?

Ok here's my temp right now. 35C load and 34C system temp.
I have my heatercore outside with 2 80mm fans.

seal said:
Hmmm made an interesting observation today, when i boot up my computer it tells me my temp probe is reading about 30 deg C. The temp then VERY gradually rises to around 50 deg C. The only thing is that it takes about 30 mins of idle time for it to raise from 30 to 50. From what i take this isnt the processor warming up because i assume that it only takes less than 1min for it to get up to temp.

This tells me that the block is mounted okay.

What you're seeing here is 3 things.

1) The block warming up - takes less than 30 seconds typically
2) The water warming up - as you stated at the start - the water is getting to around 9C above room temperature - so 9C of that 20C (50-30) is the water warming up
3) The socket area warming up - the area around the CPU socket is responsible for dissipating a substantial amount of heat and also has a fair amount of heat mass - it will take up to 15 minutes for the CPU socket area to fully warm up.

What you haven't told us yet though is your CPU voltage and speed. What are they? What motherboard do you have? Are you reporting the on-die temperature, or the in-socket temperature?

My motherboard is an abit KX7-333. I'm running an xp 2200+@1950MHz at 1.775vcore.

I've put a big case fan just blowing over the wb and socket and temps have dropped by about 4 deg C.

you say your temp goes up gradualy? that tells me that you dont have enough air going through your rads so you arnt getting rid of all the heat in the water. Try putting a house fan on the rad and see if your temps go down.

Oh yea

idle 32c load 38c
maze2
Via 1200
2 rads in parrellel
2 120mm fans on each rad
and you can see rig from my sig.

Daedelus said:
(don't take my word on this...but..)
I think most mounting mechanisms are created to compress the springs fully, there is a slight chance of cracking the core if overcompressed...just look up a FAQ or something on mounting the specific wb to find out...
-Dae-

Just use Hooke's Law. Do a google and that will explain.

heres mine
Room temp @25.c
mbm5.JPG

home made CPU block
homemade G3 block
yes you guess home made northbridge block
penguin powerhead pump 300 lmp. gal./h
(not US ....Ipm that about 4.5lts per gallon)
heater core ford i think .... 61/4x6x2 with both pipes 5/8th
120mm fan @7v
home hade plexi 3.5lts res (3 cd roms big) just install no pic yet

This is it just with the old res (4x4x4 conduit box )
6x6x2rad.JPG

Borgy

I think mine are high, are they?...

42-3Full load 38-9 Idle

2400+ @ 166x13 = 2171 (will go higher)
1.9 volts (^^^^will work with 1.75)
Via aqua 1300 = 3/8 barbs
Gemini High flow spiral WB
Case-mod.com 120mm radiator
2 chrome fans 80CFM push n' pull from outside air
Bay-res --get one!

IS GOOD!

86 Chevette Core-2homade shrouds, 2-120s@5v (quiet now)
Maxi-Jet 1200
Maze3 CPU
DD GPU
1/2" Fittings
pump>rad>cpu>gpu

TEMPS:

AMBIENT: Motherboard misreading ambient@ 38C
Idle Temp: 37C
Load Temp: 40C

I still have bubbles in the system since I just put it together today..but even with the BD7's poor temp sensing id say im happy w/ results.

Well, my configuration is in my sig.

My temps are:

20C ambient
31C CPU, with the DD5 thermistor as close as I dare get it to the core on the copper waterblock.

Don't know the water temp.

Here's mine on the rig in my sig, and pic for Avatar.

I also need to get a water temp unit.

And I do have an 80mm fan blowing on the capasitors which also gets under the CPU a little bit.

49-on-water.gif

via aqua 1300
3 gallon res
bim w/ delta 80
neomoses wb
33c 46c

when chilled with ice... 25c full load.(i stopped doing that due to lack of insulation.)

p.s. where do i get that dialectric grease or gel stuff....

[EG]~NaTz~ said:
via aqua 1300
3 gallon res
bim w/ delta 80
neomoses wb
33c 46c

when chilled with ice... 25c full load.(i stopped doing that due to lack of insulation.)

p.s. where do i get that dialectric grease or gel stuff....

Go to an autoparts store. Autozone sell's small packs for 99 cents. Larger tubes are about 5 to 6 dollars.

My temps are as follows

Amb....................22C
Water................25.7C
CPU...................32C full load while running F@H
CPU...................28C Idle
Radeon 9700Pro..28.7C idle
Radeon 9700Pro..32C full load

Chipset (air cooled) 33.8
DDR(air cooled).......27.6

Swiftech mcw-462 water block
rio 200 - 138gph pump
homemade copper rad with box fan