• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I mine cryptos, and I'm no criminal.
J/k all the miners like me want these good cards :D

I didn't mean to imply that people mining cryptocurrency are criminals. That's not what I was trying to say.

I meant that criminals wanting a way to launder money and make untraceable transactions are serving to run up the price of the currency along with speculators. In turn the increased value of the currency makes it worthwhile for jackwagons to run up the price of radeon video cards purely for the purpose of hashing instead of for those of us that actually want to play some PC games.

Drug and illegal weapon rings has been using cryptocoin for transation (since they can't be traced and can be transferred to real cash later).

Besides that, no the AMD cards has not yet normalized and it probably won't for a while, the 280X, 290 and 290X are waaaaaaaay above MSRP while the GTX 770, 780, 780Ti are still around the same price they were listed 5 months ago.

A 280X is a refreshed 7970GE and they sold for $270-290, with the R9 280X release they were listed $280-300 (bought mine for $299) today the 280X is listed for $470, that's R9 290 MSRP price range and for that much I probably just might as well buy a 780 which is a big step up from a 280X in comparison.

Rumors have it its possible they won't come out any time soon. Apparently they are still working on the 20nm fabrication. Probably the same time frame as the 780+ is my guess. UNLESS ED has some news he can't talk about just yet. :p

Yo it was mentioned in the very first post, but is it possible for Lvcoyote to do some testing on various scrypt algs with this card? I've seen reviews with SHA 256 and scrypt results posted but that stuff is old and busted. Scrypt jane and it's variants are the new hotness and where all the money is to be made.

I'm sure the crypto subforum would love to help with getting all the settings perfect as well, as I believe we all want to know how well one of these would mine UTC and PTS and YAC and so on. :D

I want to know first before everyone else so they don't sellout or ridiculous price increases! lol

My first 24hrs with 750Ti: Got the MSI Gaming one, replaced a 760 next to my 780 (wierd no power cables), newest drivers, manually got my gpus.txt, and...lots of crashing! Or failing, rather.

ERROR:exception: Force RMSE error of 406.817 with threshold of 5
Folding@home Core Shutdown: BAD_WORK_UNIT

Finally running - Core 15 :\ And after that WU, ned to pause/reset to try again.

I have no separate available rig to test atm, but I'd love to hear what others experience!

Did you reinstall the drivers, always best to uninstall and fresh install when swapping video cards.

Back