• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FarCry will not start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Macadonious

I have loaded FarCry once and had to format my drive. Now after reloading, I cannot run FarCry. If this is the SmartWare, how do I remidy the situation:cry:

All updates installed, i.e. DirectX9b ect. This is the original retail version of the game. Could it be a bad install. Seems unlikely, but plosable. I have heard that the SmartWare on this game can cause the problem that I have. If that is the case, how do I by-pass.

I would try to reinstall the game again. What exactly do you mean by "the game will not run"? Any error messages?

No error messages. I think it might have been a bad install. I am about to try it again.

Quattro, do not let this problem put you off on buying the game. This is not a comman incedent. Could be all on me. Buy it anyway and enjoy it

i've never seen this problem before on any of my and my friends computers. I've had to install it at least 7 times because all of a lot friends wanted it. all computers are different. if this doesnt work, go on far cry's website and then to their technical help forums.

it just has to do with the game's copy protection. It sees that u only got the files, and that the game is not installed into windows. If u don't want to reinstall, just get a crack. PM me if u want a good one.

Back