• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally Going Cold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks guys. I'm just disgusted. I've shipped USPS for years and never had something like this happen. Hopefully something positive comes out of it in the end.

Thanks guys. I'm just disgusted. I've shipped USPS for years and never had something like this happen. Hopefully something positive comes out of it in the end.

How much was it insured for? It's too bad your *cough * cough F1 got stolen!

i am trying to get things settled out on my end of the deal also. this has sent me through the roof. went down to the post office today and they had to ask me to leave cause i got out of hand... the damn technical support hot-line doesn't work, its all automated.

i don't know why the (pardon me) god damn post office employee didn't apply my label like i asked him. also, i am not quite sure why my mother would throw a receipt away for a insured product worth $160.00.

i want to apologize for everything i did wrong. i.e. - not insuring the damn package. i should have put the label on myself. i also should have kept my own receipt. i hope we can get this figured out asap!

i think its time for someone to go postal.

Seriously though man, sucks hard that you got shafted like this. I can tell you that your mail being opened is a federal offense and as such I think you can actually go to the police over this...if it should have to come to that.

Damn man, that sucks!

I've had things happen with metal objects also, and the insurance did come through even though it took probably about 2-3 months IIRC and a whole ton of paperwork. You have to prove what it's worth, which is the hard part. BartX has a website but no prices.

http://www.bartxstore.cba.pl/

going to contact bartx and ask him if he will update some prices on his site. i will tell him the story. hopefully that makes life easier.

Was it insured? If so then the USPS will be inclined to investigate if they have to pay out. If not, I'm not sure how much they'll care. It's up to the local post office. Hope it all works out for both parties. I hate to see anyone left holding that empty bag/box.

No call from USPS as promised. Package insurance was reported as paid for, but no label affixed due to idiocy at the post office. Unfortunately, the receipt was not kept.

I will say this though, cold.nut is one heck of a guy and already paid cash while the USPS dispute is pending. If something happens with that, I'll repay what I get from them. I'll also fight as best I can to get them to do something about it. It is a (federal?) crime to tamper with, much less steal from a package in transit with the USPS.

If nothing comes of the dispute, the world should know that he is one heck of a guy and I'd trade with him again in an instant.

I'm good friends with some cops, lemmie get some details on what exactly is doable from a police perspective for you...if someone else is a lawyer that'd be even better.

It is a federal crime to mess with anything USPS. A felony...your thief is either dumb as @@@@ or brave as heck to attempt this for $10 worth of copper. I hope he gets caught and I hope his cell mate thinks he is pretty.:-/

Ok...try number two. Spoke with the seller this time who assured me he will ship priority with delivery confirmation and packaged like no other. Description of try #2 from the FS thread:

It's 'a pot from Duniek and I believe it is a derivative from JMax's design, I had him make an add on aluminum extension tube for me. It worked great with Bloomfield CPUs I tested when I used Dry Ice and was good on LN2 when using it on FUGGER's cherry i7 975 this year at CES 2010 XS event...'

dicetry2.jpg

Not as pretty as the first one, but nothing a little ketchup won't take care of. Copper is copper, with or without a little oxidation. :)

hokie, if you dont get it let me know and I can loan you mine for about a month. offer stands

hey glad to hear you got that ordered! best of luck with the review. i will be sure and go talk to the post office tomorrow. i may also consider calling my uncle, he is a lawyer. keep trying on your end to get the money back. meanwhile, happy benching! :thup:

hokie, if you dont get it let me know and I can loan you mine for about a month. offer stands
Thank you for the generous offer. Truly hope I don't have to take you up on it; if this one doesn't come, I'm cursed!

hey glad to hear you got that ordered! best of luck with the review. i will be sure and go talk to the post office tomorrow. i may also consider calling my uncle, he is a lawyer. keep trying on your end to get the money back. meanwhile, happy benching! :thup:
Definitely do that. They may be able to find the receipt for you. If you used one, be sure to take the credit card with you just in case that would help.

dejo, if i may i would like to request an offer like this too! i was going to get a gemini from vince lucindo for free; however that deal fell through. so i just dropped all of my money on re-insuring hokie. got a commando coming in and a pentium 631 and celeron 347. going for some sub 7ghz cpuz runs :rock:! so if i could grab a pot off of someone for some ln2 runs, i would be more than willing to pay a security deposit fee, or ship out my cell phone w/o the sim. i'd really like to see some 775 ln2 action!

Definitely do that. They may be able to find the receipt for you. If you used one, be sure to take the credit card with you just in case that would help.

yeah i will take my arsenal of weapons to them tomorrow. i will argue the illegal manner of opening a package in transit. i will also come with all of my financial information that may assist me in the dispute. however, i fear they may argue that i did never purchase insurance. maybe the basterd didn't even charge me for it? i also fear that they will argue that the package may have been tampered with while sitting on your front-porch.

:chair: i have reason to be scared. but i will most definitely take my A+ game in debate to the table! :salute:

Back