• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally Going Cold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's not a Canberra, it's some brand I forgot about already. Holds cold though, and that's what matters!

It's not a Canberra, it's some brand I forgot about already. Holds cold though, and that's what matters!
Is it SS? Liter capacity?

I'm gonna get a SS Dewar someday to play 'The Science Guy' at home and try freezing some Si too. It's on my bucket list along with a >500kV Tesla coil.

Mwahahaha... Soon the world will be mine.jpg

Nope, not SS. Capacity is 30L, more than enough for me.

>500kV Tesla coil sounds fun!

That's a fair number of volts. More than I'd want to be within a few meters of, certainly!
Sounds fun though :D

Hokie! Enjoy the dewar!

Woot! It came home even before lunch so I could clean & photograph it. Not too bad condition overall. Shipping was very interesting. I guess it would be too large if you tried to box it up. There seem to be no dents or dings, just cosmetic paint scratches/chips. All in all, not too shabby for $125 + ship!

Not too shabby :thup:

Looks good from my house :D

attachment.php

Why did a preparatory school have a dewer?

Why is this not full?

Why is there not a livestream?

Why did a preparatory school have a dewer?
VERY good question. If you have to go to a prep school though, it's always best to go to one that regularly replaces perfectly good dewars!

Why is this not full?
Money. No chip to freeze. This 1100T has already been at -196° for an hour plus and it didn't do any better than it did under DICE. Garbage chip!

We all know how 2600K's are with LN2. Might as well just not bother hitting the power button below DICE temps. :p

Why is there not a livestream?
Heh, chances are my next opportunity to livestream will be under NDA. :escape:

Yes, under threat of blunt force head trauma. :D

Last edited:
I've seen your hit man running around. I will know when it is coming.

Sub-zero equipment almost complete. Now I just need to make a styrofoam top for the dewar. :attn:

This thing certainly isn't bad for the price. It came well packaged and works like a charm. It even has a backlight and has dual inputs. Can't argue with that!

thermo-unpacked.jpg

thermo-working.jpg

EDIT - Another fun fact that I forgot to mention - You can turn the cover around and put it in the holes backwards giving you a nice angled view so you're not having to hover right over the top of it to see what you're working with. :thup:

Last edited:
Back