• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my hands on a 830

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

Got it all up and running.

Time to see what this thing can do.

Last edited:
Oh sorry I ment for the second CPU-Z to show the mainboard info. Just a sec and I'll fix it.

Just for kicks I tried bumping the FSB up to 267. Haven’t touched any voltages yet. It its Idling at 39c and I haven’t run any tests on it yet to see if it’s stable.

The first post is right. Its the throttling deal. At idle, the processor drops the multiplier and vcore to conserve energy and whatnot. So 200x14=2.8ghz when throttling, but under load, the multiplier goes back up to 15 (200x15=3ghz).

Edit: and get some benchmarks!

I tried to turn off Speedstep in the bios but it is still throttling :shrug:
Does anyone have any idea what a safe vcore is for this cpu?

he he. i dont know what safe voltage on that sucker must be but i wonder what happens if one core in a dual core chip dies. does the whole unit fail or will it still function on a single core?
not saying iw ant you to crank it to find out ha ha. but a curious bit of information surely.

In the bios I set the vcore to 1.4 but CPU-Z adds the voltage of both cores. I am prime testing at the moment. Its only been going for 5 minutes and cpu temp is 58.

wow, glad someone finally got one of these things to test out.

good luck n keep us posted

Btw, this throtteling is called EIST. It is normal. On load your CPU speed will return to the normal level.

Btw, NICE *** clocks. I didnt think it would clock nearly this well.

If these things have 4GHz in them routinely they will be very popular.

Btw your default volt is you volts divided by 2 which equals ~1.4volts for each core and I assume you can do 3.00volts or 1.5volts x 2=3.0volts. But you may need a hunkie power supply maybe jerryrig two 850watts? My friend has a 830, but doesn't want to post it. We using it for folding my name is BattleBoar for Team 32.

larva said:
If these things have 4GHz in them routinely they will be very popular.

Not to say your worng the default from the factory is a max 4.2ghz on default volts. Cause my friend kinda works at Intel. And I am trying to get hired out here in California. :rolleyes: Hint Hint because the overclock too 4.2ghz SpeedSteps to 4ghz.

hyperasus said:
I tried to turn off Speedstep in the bios but it is still throttling :shrug:
Does anyone have any idea what a safe vcore is for this cpu?

Are the only options you have for SpeedStep *Automatic* and *Disabled*? I'm experiencing this problem with my P5WD2-Premium\P4 650. On my 925XE(P5AD2-E) the options for SpeedStep where *Automatic*, *Maximum*, *Minimum* and *Disabled*. I'm hoping they will resolve this with a bios update.

Back