• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FOLDING CONTEST! Half-Life 2 Giveaway (For new folders) 10 runner up prizes as well

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is a great idea that will probably give us a nice boost.

Here's a message to all the people who signed up.
Please don't stop after just 1 work unit. Now that you've got it set up, just let it run and you will continue to help the team. It will not harm your computer in any way or slow it down. Team 32 has been struggling for a long time to pass the two teams that are ahead of us. You only have to fold 1 WU to be eligible for this contest, but please help the team by keeping FAH running.

Thanks,
Andy

I can contribute some gmail invites also. I have 6 right now and I might be given more. I just entered my email address so there all sent to me then I'll do it again if I get more. (the link contained in the emails is the only thing that matters)

Last edited:
would I be eligible? I just started last week... and if not... O well, I'll still fold!

folding as dark_15

I.M.O.G. said:
Nice Sam, I can aslo contribute invites to the total - I can make that 20 runner up invites, if participants and SSS are interested in more than those 10.

Make that 30.

Well, I've looked into folding, now is a better time to start than ever, 3 comps in the house to run this. Oddly enough, takes about 2 days for one WU on a 1.4ghz machine, is that average? Using the newest graphical version for windows on all comps, of course in the taskbar ;).

Hmm, projects page says that its 241 credits, difference?

Woohoo! We appeared on the THREATLIST of OCAU today!
IMOG and I were pretty happy about that.

We dissapeared at around the 12 o' Clock update, but I suspect that around the 9 o' Clock update, you should see the workunits being turned in that people have been working on all day. Keep up the good work guys!

i'll right this has convinced me to fold instead of crunch SETI I think I'll have to figure it out then enter even if the only computer connected to the internet is a p3 500mhz i'll try hard.

Ascii2 said:
How do I sign up for Team 32?

Make sure the team number in your client config file is 32. If in the GUI, just set the number as 32

Of course it will man.

What a LOT of people don't recognize is that even outdated computers can be very very useful to us. Even if you don't have -advmethods on or bigpackets=yes, you can still put out work units and points for Team 32. This helps us Stanford, so really you have nothing to lose.

Good to see a lot of new faces around here.

I just switched over from Team Abit where I was 59 out of 300-something. Heck, its all going to the same place right?

sorry I just deleted the old msg, now its doing a frame each 22 seconds instead of 10hours :D
I just panicked...

Back