• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FOLDING CONTEST! Half-Life 2 Giveaway (For new folders) 10 runner up prizes as well

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fyberwire said:
I'm expected to jump about 100 spots after this work unit (My 4th)
I need to borg some stuff...

What is "borging"?

Inquiring minds want to know...

=)

I put it on last night. Just out of curiosity (and to insure I am producing correctly) how long does it take to do a work unit? First project took about six hours or so. 5 million steps? Heck if I know anything about this. Where do we get stats? Also says on the first one 364 work units completed? At any rate, I need a means to measure the performance and therefore need input from those of you with experience. Seems that if one is to play around with this then max production would be the desired goal.

Hey Silver, glad to know you're helping out.

It does take about 6 hours or so to do a work unit from start to finish with no interruption. So you're right on track there (it actually takes me longer)

Stats can be found at http://www.extremeoverclocking.com under "Folding Stats". Very easy to use.

You're doing just fine. Mine says 364 units completed and hasn't changed since when I installed it, and I get credit as well.

Thanks for your contribution to the team Silver!
-Fyber

Seems to be descent production given that I have not truly been running for 24 hours yet. Question, if I reboot and crank it up a notch, will I loose the work already performed on the present project?

Hmm, seems (if I am reading the link correctly) that we will overtake team australia at 4 AM in the year 2033??? Seems that the team could use a bit more boost if this is correct.

Last edited:
I don't really need a copy of the game, but I'll join too. I just finished upgrading to my Athlon 64, so I'll let it throw its muscle at folding, as well as one or two other machines around here.

:santa2:

Silver said:
Seems to be descent production given that I have not truly been running for 24 hours yet. Question, if I reboot and crank it up a notch, will I loose the work already performed on the present project?

Hmm, seems (if I am reading the link correctly) that we will overtake team australia at 4 AM in the year 2033??? Seems that the team could use a bit more boost if this is correct.

1) You're fine. F@H automatically saves after every % completed I believe.

2) Yes, we could use the boost. The more we outproduce OCAU by and the quicker we can make up that gap, the sooner we take 1st :D

BBR! (Build! Borg! Recruit!)
-Fyber

If by some chance we have that many new folders and we run out of invites, I have 10 to throw into the pot too. Either way, it's nice to see so many new folders.

I threw in the first 10 invites and it appears that we have enough invites to give all that entered (Thus far) a Gmail invite.

As of 1:14am today 30 people have entered the contest as new folders for team 32. Pretty good odds of winning the Half Life 2 game so far for those 30 people. :)

Great job guys, the team appreciates all of you who have taken the initiative to join us in our efforts to contribute to the great research that stanford is performing, and help us in our goal of becoming the #1 folding team in the world. :)

We are in third, and the amount of membership we have gained just in the past week really puts an exclamation point on how much room we have to grow! :D

Thanks to all the new folders!

Yay! I entered, too. Was folding quite some time now for another team but hey, why not give this a shot. :cool:

HL2 :drool:

BTW, if someone tries to send me a Gmail invite, don't. Have some myself. ;)

BaRtMoN said:
Yay! I entered, too. Was folding quite some time now for another team but hey, why not give this a shot. :cool:

HL2 :drool:

BTW, if someone tries to send me a Gmail invite, don't. Have some myself. ;)
W00r, might I ask what team sir? If it's a smaller team perhaps you guys would like to join us as a subteam :wink wink: Glad to see more people joining up daily and welcome!

Ok how do i do this? I went to the team 32 website signed up. Now what do i download? what else do i have to do in order to be eligible for the prize? also i got about 10 gmail invites that i can donate.

Last edited:
You need to join Team 32 and start actually folding. This is done by downloading the folding client, and inputting your username and team 32. The following article has an explanation of ways you can do this:

http://www.overclockers.com/folding3

The most popular way to get up and folding on the forums is to use the the one click, instructions and downloads are included if you read the text underneath the large red letters in this thread:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=231247

I think everyone knows somebody that has Gmail invites now... I'm curious about how many accounts are open at this time !
(I have currently 6 to give)

Back