• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding On a Network qestion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DiaperGravy

Folding On a Network question?

Hi guys, I have a question pertaining to folding on my network? Umm, when you install the program on each computer, are you supposed to use the same userID name for each system? Or is it best to use a different name? I ask this because I'm using the Graphical client not the text, and was wondering if I was supposed to change the machine ID? Because I can't seem to find a place to do that with the Graphical client... Just wondering, because I have finished one work-unit on each machine but Stanford stats only show me as having finished one… so I’m wondering where did my other results get sent to? heh:D

Thanks for your Time!:beer:

DpGravy

Machine ID you can ignore IF you only run 1 instance of FAH on each machine. You SHOULD put the same username and team number on EVERY one of your machines and YOU will get all the points. I don't believe the GUI allows multiple instances anyway, only the text console. The stats take some time to update, if you have your name and team number in there correctly, you will get credit.

hey there you can use the same user name on each and every client/computer. the only times you have to worry about machine ID is when you are using the text-only cleint and you are running more than one instance on a single computer.

FOLD ON
NAS

Excellent, okay thanks because this is what I have :D done. And thanks for the quick response guys… I really appreciate it!

Fold ON!!

DpGravy

It shouldnt make a differrence if you do use the machine ID should it? I have two machines on a network folding and when setting them up I entered machine ID #1 and #2. This makes no difference?

If you are feeling charitable, just enter "ray44420" for the username on all your machines. :) At any rate, be sure to enter 32 for the team number.

LOL:p No problem Ray,

No, it doesn't make any difference obviously, but the reason I ask is because the first night I started folding I received wu610 for all 3 computers and after they all finished with their work, only 2 of the 3 reported the findings and show completing the FinishedWU-1. The third still shows as 0? So I was wondering if I had done something wrong during setup Due to I'm not familiar with this type of Program... :D

DpGravy

Last edited:
nightowl said:
It shouldnt make a differrence if you do use the machine ID should it? I have two machines on a network folding and when setting them up I entered machine ID #1 and #2. This makes no difference?

Nightowl,

If you changed the machine ID, then you probably used the text client, right? In the GUI client, you don't have to set the machine ID if you only run once instance on each machine. I have twenty plus machines and all of them are machine ID #1, but each of them had their own version downloaded and installed.

FOLD LIKE THE DOZE-INATOR!

Wedo

Back