• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For anybody who has a loft tank and dont mind drillin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woodenman80

Right now after expensive setbacks due to a becooling block leaking on me, ive upgraded my system. I decided my pc must be as quiet as possible and also be as cool as possible. To me active cooling systems make to much noise with 120 mm fans and radiators .... At present my pc is in my bedroom almost directly under the loft tank about 12foot away and about 7feet above me the tank is 75 gallons and feeds the hot water system. both my geforce 2 Ti and CPu are cooled by a becooling block and a Homemade block on the geforce. The pump is a Ehiem 1250 and im pumpin water with no additives in due to being part of the houses systems mainly i dont fancy showering in glycol.. :)

Plumbing it in was worrying as you have to make sure the pipes in the pc are on well due to higher pressure. Also if something fails the loft is going to flow into your room (iam working on a project as an automated cutoff with water sensors) hopefully wont need it as i know my drip trays wont deal with infinite water :). Anyway after this was all plumbed in and working i played a bit of CS for say 4hrs hmm and the temps.

10 CELSIUS LOWER THAN MY IN CASE UNIT>.
BEFORE using ehiem, cube radiator and resovoir....

idle 27C load after long game period 42-43C also the noise of the fans ahhhh

Now..........

22C idle same time period of gaming 32C only PSU noise quiet.
I cant guage the GPU heat as i used to have a DDR Geforce beforce my BECOOLING BLOCK LEAKED BEWARE OF THERE LAME PTFE TAPING OF JOINTS.................

Also have the pump in the tank as mine has a filter on also it means the pump isnt working so hard :)...
And if you try this make sure you have taps at the bottom of the piping near the pc and a drain tap incase of leaks you dont want gallons of water in your case..

Good luck if you try it

Woodenman
Duron 750 oc to 1001
ASUS A7V133A mb
512mb ram cas 2 133
Geforce 2 ti 64mb
40.9gb hd
SBLIVE 5.1
(EHIEM 1250!!!! THIS PUMP ROX HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

would get pics of system if anyone is intrested :)

Some pictures would be intresting
The water tank in my house is only around 7-9 feet above my pc.
Sounds like an intresting project.

Back