• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars Scoring Example

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Hey folks. I did this over to help TRP members out, so I'm posting here to help as well. Uniformity will make the FW Cops' jobs much, much easier.

Please see the next two posts for a...

Proper Scoring Example

For reference, here are the benches as they appear in the rules and, most importantly, how they appear on the calculator:

Geekbench (10x score)(32bit version only)
3d01 (2x score)
3d06 (4x score)
SPi 1m w OC bonus (SSw2CPUz&TS) (7sec = 120k score)
Cinebench (multi) (SSw2CPUz&TS) (4x score)
Overclock Bonus (1000 points for every 1% OC on Super Pi 1m)

Here's a link to the calculator.

I'm putting this stuff in a post by itself so people can quote the scoring example and just edit their own info in. Easy as can be!

Two important notes:

#1: Geekbench. If you don't have an account, sign up for one. Whenever you submit a result, sign in and it will automatically assign that result to your profile. It is important to have your name associated with your result.

#2: ORB Results: When you submit a result to orb, it will name the submission "My benchmark". Immediately after submission (or later if you prefer, but immediately is easier for you), click on "Edit" and rename the result with your username and forum (i.e. hokiealumnus - TRP). You can add more info if you prefer, but that's the minimum amount of info required.

Any results for Geekbench run prior to 8/5/09 will be accepted as-is. Anything run on or after that date will need to have your name associated with the result. This is mandatory and will be strictly enforced with OC'ed scores, so be diligent; you don't want to have to re-run a test for such a simple mistake.

I've also completed my stock scoring and put it in the post after the example post.

Last edited:
Username - Forum - Class - Team Name (The class & team name are to be posted with an overclocked score when you've been assigned a team & named it.)
CPU
RAM
GPU (x1) (Be sure to list not only the GPU model number, but how many of them!, such as "EVGA 8800GTX (x1)" or "EVGA GTX260 (x3)")
Cooling (Air, Water, LN2, DI, etc.)

Geekbench

Score - Link

3DMark01

Score - Link

3DMark06

Score - Link

SuperPi1M

Score - Screenshot (LINK OR THUMBNAIL ONLY...DO NOT POST FULL RESOLUTION SCREENSHOTS IN A SCORING THREAD)

Cinebench

Score - Screenshot (Same guideline applies.)

OC Bonus

Stock Speed
OC'ed Speed
Percentage per calculator
Bonus

Total Score

Score all tallied up.

Calculator screenshot (optional)

Darn straight. I might be a bit behind on the hardware side, but look out E class, I'm coming for you!

I expect to see some dazzling LN2 runs from you miah!!

Edited 1st post to reflect this change:

Two important notes:

#1: Geekbench. If you don't have an account, sign up for one. Whenever you submit a result, sign in and it will automatically assign that result to your profile. It is important to have your name associated with your result.

#2: ORB Results: When you submit a result to orb, it will name the submission "My benchmark". Immediately after submission (or later if you prefer, but immediately is easier for you), click on "Edit" and rename the result with your username and forum (i.e. hokiealumnus - TRP). You can add more info if you prefer, but that's the minimum amount of info required.

Any results for Geekbench run prior to 8/5/09 will be accepted as-is. Anything run on or after that date will need to have your name associated with the result. This is mandatory and will be strictly enforced with OC'ed scores, so be diligent; you don't want to have to re-run a test for such a simple mistake.

Last edited:
Alright folks. With the overclocked portion of the competition upon us, a couple reminders to help your scores be accepted without issue:
  • Geekbench version: 32-bit only and v.2.1.2 or newer (lower versions will not be accepted!)
  • Your Geekbench result must be associated with your name! To accomplish this, all you have to have is a geekbench account and then simply sign in when you submit your result.
  • Your 3DMark scores must be edited to reflect, at the least, your username & forum (i.e. "hokiealumnus - TRP")
  • Do not forget timestamps in your screenshots!
  • Please keep the format the same as above for ease of use when cops score your submissions.
Good luck!

Back