• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

From one PC to another. What will happen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

Here at work I was testing the F@H client and it works nicely.
But offcourse I wan't to use it at home and not at work.
Now my question is what will happen if I install the software at home?
When I enter my information, freshy98 (www.overclockers.com), will it continue to go on with the data I have so far or should I copy some files and put them into the installtion directory of the F@H client?

I know it wasn't the most clever thing to do but I couldn't wait :)

Thanks in advance!

Actually freshy you want to install F@H at work and at home. Oh and any other box you come within 10 meters of :D No you don't have to copy any files. When you install (GUI client) for the first time it will ask you what username to credit the points to. Make sure to enter it exactly. And your team name, 32 of course. Or when you run it the first time (console client) it will ask you the questions.

When you install the client @ home, then when you launch it you put the same name and for TEAM put 32 and it will download the core and work, then let her rip.

Fold-eth on.

EDIT:

Dang it Gnerma you beat me to it, had to go tuck the Mrs in bed and had already started typing. :p :p :p

Dang Nor Cal pepz:rolleyes:

hehe, allright. I get the point.
I have 13 PC's surrounding me here at work excluding the one Digital VAX running OpenVMS.
But I can't go install the client on them :)

My machine here is a P!!! 887MHz (somewhere around that) running Windows NT 4 WorkStation.
My home machine should be better for that :)

Anyways, thanks for the fast info!

You'll be a folding god if you install it on those boxen Freshy! Why can't you? Get your boss in on it, get him addicted :)

Actually Rottys Bakersfield is at the very least lower central California and I would not be too far off by saying it's southern California. Were just about 150 miles north of Los Angeles, tucked right into the bottom of the central valley.

It doesn't matter that I had answered first though, since you have a wife and had to attend to her. I would gladly have been second if I could have that :(

Back